Ipod FM Integration Problems - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Ipod FM Integration Problems

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 08-01-2007, 09:17 PM   #1
mlk1967

Ipod FM Integration Problems

Hello, and thank you in advance for any assistance as my dealership and Mopar, unfortunately, have not been much help I had the Ipod FM Integration/adapter (82210181) installed when I had an RAQ stereo a few months back. Works pretty good EXCEPT the darn thing is constantly switching from the playing Ipod back to the 87.9 tuned station (which happens to be blaring static) in between songs and during softer parts of songs playing on my Ipod. Very annonying. I tested with a second Ipod to confirm it's not my Ipod. I then called the "Toll Free Tech Line" which came with the adapter's owner's manual and they basically said "we don't know much about those units" and said to take it back to the dealer. I took it back to the dealer, they rechecked all the wiring (they said) and couldn't find a problem or duplicate the issue...of course it did the same thing, switching back to the FM tuner while playing several times on the way home. I called the dealership back and told them it's still doing the same thing. They told me to bring it back in and they'd replace the adapter unit. My question is this: A) Does anyone else have the 82210181 FM Integration unit and do they or did they experience this problem...perhaps I have a rogue unit? B) I've since replaced my RAQ stereo with the Nav REC and understand there is a new Ipod 82209617 unit that isn't FM modulated. Does anyone have feedback on that unit? Perhaps I should go straight to that, but I've read mixed reviews, stating it's nice to have the Ipod info displayed on the Nav screen, but that it is difficult to navigate onscreen, you lose your Satellite presets each time you switch to the Ipod and it's sluggish if you are using a 30/60/80 gig ipod (like I have) with lots of songs (I have 14 gig of music)? Again, all help is appreciated!

Last edited by mlk1967; 08-01-2007 at 09:39 PM..
mlk1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2007, 09:56 PM   #2
jeep_on

Iíve never used the FM modulated version, but my direct wire works fine with the REC I have in my Dodge RAM. You do lose your sat presets, but personally I donít care since I rarely lessen to Sirius very much.

I donít find it slow to look though songs. I have a 5th gen 40GB that mite have 6gb of music and its fine. In either case, 80gb of music would take awhile to go though, I donít care what system your using.

Theres a few other people that have the kits in their Jeeps. They should be able to provide you with more insight and I. The part number for the system I used is: 82208653AI

Waiting on a 2013 RHD JK Unlimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM Thor View Post
Wait, you can't cross creeks up there? What the Hell is up with these Canadians?
jeep_on is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.