Ipod connection question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Ipod connection question

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 07-18-2008, 03:57 PM   #1
hafalex

Ipod connection question

I have a 05 GC limited with navigation. I currently use one of those griffin ipod connectors through the cigarette port and you play your music on a radio station. Is there a way to directly connect the ipod to the speakers? or a way for me to use my ipod without having to go through a radio station

hafalex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2008, 04:33 PM   #2
Texas WJ
Web Wheeler

2005 WK 

iPod integration

Bookmark this site:
wkjeeps.com

It's a wealth of information.

The only downside to the kit is that you lose your Sat Radio station presets.
Texas WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2008, 04:42 PM   #3
drummerdude1234
2004 LJ Wrangler 

you could buy a stero head with a Aux input.

that would let youlitsen to the ipod through the speakers, but you would have to control everything but the volume with the ipod itself instead of through the stereo.

for example fastfoward, play/pause, rewind, and picking songs would all have to be done with the ipod.

here are a few http://www.quadratec.com/Showcases/s...ts/default.php
drummerdude1234 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2008, 04:45 PM   #4
Benny2Times
2005 LJ Wrangler 

They have a lot of different solutions out there. Non of which are hard to install. Any radio deck that has an AUX connection sets you up to connect your IPOD in.
When Iím asked why my spirit will not be broken when I look terror in the eye, I think of my little girl singing the National Anthem. This is why I fight. Itís who I am, itís what I do. I am an American who serves the United States. I will hold steadfast diligently. If any man asks me what direction I am headed, I will say with a smile and the utmost confidence; Honor Bound Sir, to Defend Freedom. -Art Stoddard
Benny2Times is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2008, 04:48 PM   #5
Technojeep

Actually there is a better way. Get one of these.

http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=931

It's made by Peripheral and provides 2 RCA auxillary inputs. It connects directly to the back of the REC unit; no cutting or soldering. It's plug and play. Works great. I used one on my '05 without issue. Just 2 requirements.

1. Plugs in and emulates SAT or VES input in rear of radio. Thus must sacrifice one.

2. Must still use ipod directly to select music. A nice mount can keep this still in easy access while driving. I used a Proclip mount. You can use the steering wheel controls to control volume and input selection. Remember I mentioned it provides 2 thus 1 can be for Ipod and other anything else.
Technojeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2008, 10:52 PM   #6
hafalex

ok thanks guys i will look into the ideas
Unread 07-21-2008, 02:42 PM   #7
z_gilligan
2010 JK Wrangler 

Don't waste your money on the Ipod integration kit. I bought one and it sucks to use. It won't display the song or artist info, nor the track number.
z_gilligan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2008, 01:18 PM   #8
hafalex

which kit did you buy?
Unread 07-22-2008, 10:18 PM   #9
jeepgaffer
2006 WK 

The Mopar iPod kit works great if you have an REC (sat nav) or RAQ (6-disc) radio (shows artist/track, etc.) The only problem is that they have some issues with newer iPods (Classic and iTouch) and iPhones (due to Apple updating firmware). Even Peripheral brand has some issues. I had the Mopar kit but took it out because it quit working with my iPhone when I updated to 1.1.4. Now, with 2.0 it may work; I don't know.

From what I understand, a company called 'USA-Spec' makes some kits that work fine with all the new iPods/iPhones. But I couldn't tell you for sure...that's what a buddy of mine who has a Peripheral one told me (since his isn't working 100% with his 80gb Classic).

Of course, if you have the rear DVd system, you could just get an RCA adapter and use the inputs on it...
Unread 07-23-2008, 05:31 PM   #10
wknight1

I have the RER system. Since the 2009 GC will have the full IPOD intergration, I wonder if there will be a software or hardware upgrade for the 2008 RER systems to make if fully intergrated. Has anyone heard about this? If not, does anyone have a solution?

Thanks
wknight1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2008, 12:26 AM   #11
insmanblue

That would be nice if Jeep will have full Ipod intergration in 2009 for the people who bought a 2008 GC. They certainly dropped the ball and left the 08 people in the cold.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.