iPhone 5 ios7 7.0.3 Pairing Sound Delay Outbound Calls - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > iPhone 5 ios7 7.0.3 Pairing Sound Delay Outbound Calls

15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4

Unread 11-02-2013, 07:24 PM   #1
jeremyAZ
2006 WK 

iPhone 5 ios7 7.0.3 Pairing Sound Delay Outbound Calls

Searched the forum and couldn't find the answer so I figured maybe a post would help me and possibly others out. Added amd paired my iPhone 5 (not 5S) using ios7.0.3 to my WK Jeep Overland 2006 with uConnect. It pairs and works but here is the issue: when dialing out and rings the radio still plays and the bluetooth connection only plays the call over the speakers once the person on the other end actually answers the phone (or when voicemail or auto attendant picks up).

In all my other cars and with all my other phones the bluetooth connection would play the ringing over the speakers so you can hear when they answer (or not). I tried my phone on my wife's vehicle and it works normally. I tried my wife's iPhone 5 on my car and she has the same problem I described above. So my guess is that it's something with ios7.0.03 and my version of uConnect and/or iPhone 5 (not 5S).

Anyone have a similar issue and maybe a solution? I've tried deleting the phones from uConnect, re-pairing the connection, different phones to no avail. BTW--my iPhone 4S on ios7.0.1 worked flawlessly on this same car a few weeks ago.

Thanks!

Unread 11-02-2013, 08:07 PM   #2
OregonCarGuy

It has always been this way for me with my iPhone 4 (pre-iOS7) and now 5s, so I'm not sure what to say. Really isn't a problem IMO.
OregonCarGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2013, 01:03 AM   #3
_Kyle_
2008 WK 

Is your software on the head unit the latest version? I have that updated and my iOS and I don't have any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

1996 Grand Cherokee

RIP Troy (bigbluezj94)

1996 ZJ FOR SALE
_Kyle_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2013, 01:47 AM   #4
Billybcpt
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kyle_
Is your software on the head unit the latest version? I have that updated and my iOS and I don't have any issues. Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Same as above dude^^^^^ what head unit do you have? I have the Mygig RHR retrofitted in my 2005 WK with the latest software update and the Mygig Lockpick it works flawlessly Absolutely no issues whatsoever. First try disconnecting the battery, negative first, positive last (then touch the positive and negative cables together for at least a minute to drain the capacitors) then leave both unconnected overnight. Also pull the fuse supplying the radio before you reconnect the battery (power surges can damage the radio). Next morning reconnect the battery then push the fuse back in for the radio. The system should reset itself but your phone will still be paired to it. If that doesn't work then you probably need to update the radio's software. Take note this happened to me too and the above worked and still is
Billybcpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2013, 01:51 AM   #5
_Kyle_
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billybcpt
Same as above dude^^^^^ what head unit do you have? I have the Mygig RHR retrofitted in my 2005 WK with the latest software update and the Mygig Lockpick it works flawlessly Absolutely no issues whatsoever. First try disconnecting the battery, negative first, positive last (then touch the positive and negative cables together for at least a minute to drain the capacitors) then leave both unconnected overnight. Also pull the fuse supplying the radio before you reconnect the battery (power surges can damage the radio). Next morning reconnect the battery then push the fuse back in for the radio. The system should reset itself but your phone will still be paired to it. If that doesn't work then you probably need to update the radio's software. Take note this happened to me too and the above worked and still is
My only issue is that I can't get music to stream at all but I just don't think it's supported at all. Which kinda sucks.

1996 Grand Cherokee

RIP Troy (bigbluezj94)

1996 ZJ FOR SALE
Unread 11-03-2013, 02:05 AM   #6
Billybcpt
2005 WK 

Quote:
My only issue is that I can't get music to stream at all but I just don't think it's supported at all. Which kinda sucks. Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Do you have the RHR or the RER?
Unread 11-03-2013, 06:58 AM   #7
jeremyAZ
2006 WK 

Can someone describe how to verify what software version my Uconnect/Head Unit is using? I went to the Uconnect website and put in my last 8 digits for VIN and it says there are no updates--but that doesn't seem right to me.

BTW--thanks for the battery disconnect suggestion I'll likely give that a go.
Unread 11-03-2013, 08:07 AM   #8
_Kyle_
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyAZ
Can someone describe how to verify what software version my Uconnect/Head Unit is using? I went to the Uconnect website and put in my last 8 digits for VIN and it says there are no updates--but that doesn't seem right to me. BTW--thanks for the battery disconnect suggestion I'll likely give that a go.
Go into settings and system information to see what your version is. I think the newest is 2.4xx.

I'm not sure which one I have. I have navigation though but I need to find my build sheet information.

1996 Grand Cherokee

RIP Troy (bigbluezj94)

1996 ZJ FOR SALE
Unread 11-03-2013, 01:32 PM   #9
Billybcpt
2005 WK 

Look in lower right corner of your head unit. What are the 3 letters?
Unread 11-03-2013, 01:40 PM   #10
_Kyle_
2008 WK 

Quote:
Look in lower right corner of your head unit. What are the 3 letters?
Rer

1996 Grand Cherokee

RIP Troy (bigbluezj94)

1996 ZJ FOR SALE
Unread 11-03-2013, 01:50 PM   #11
Billybcpt
2005 WK 

Quote:
Rer Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Then press menu, then go to system information. The software info should be there
Unread 11-03-2013, 02:01 PM   #12
_Kyle_
2008 WK 

Quote:
Then press menu, then go to system information. The software info should be there
Nah mine is up to date. But I can't get Bluetooth audio to stream other than Siri or phone calls. I just don't think it's supported by my gig. Which I would think with the updates that it would because they enhanced things such as called id information being displayed and voice dial from your phone contacts directly with the latest version.

1996 Grand Cherokee

RIP Troy (bigbluezj94)

1996 ZJ FOR SALE
Unread 11-03-2013, 02:10 PM   #13
Billybcpt
2005 WK 

Oh ya you have the RER lol my bad. You don't have the hardware capability for wireless audio BT streaming but I have the RHR and it does.
Unread 11-03-2013, 02:37 PM   #14
_Kyle_
2008 WK 

Quote:
Oh ya you have the RER lol my bad. You don't have the hardware capability for wireless audio BT streaming but I have the RHR and it does.
I kinda figured it wasn't supported. I thought it was more of a software thing than a hardware thing.

1996 Grand Cherokee

RIP Troy (bigbluezj94)

1996 ZJ FOR SALE

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.