Intermittent Severe Vibration Jeep GC WK 5.7L - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Intermittent Severe Vibration Jeep GC WK 5.7L

Labor Day Sale!Clayton Off Road - last day of the Labor Day special!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 01-29-2010, 12:45 AM   #1
mmain

Intermittent Severe Vibration Jeep GC WK 5.7L

I have a Jeep GC WK 5.7L and have an intermittent problem, where the entire vehicle vibrates severely whilst driving along. I can best describe it as though you are driving over slowdown bumps on the road as if you were coming off a main highway, except there aren’t any bumps. It has happened twice now and on both occasions it happened when cruising at 50 – 60 mph just after having crossed over a roundabout flyover. The vibration continues even when the vehicle slows down, except once I have stopped and drive away again the vibration has gone. I am bit stumped as to the cause and have no warning lights, so anticipate having problems explaining this to the dealer. Any ideas or a similar experience are very welcome.

mmain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 12:15 PM   #2
Natemare13
2007 WK 

Hey did you ever figure out what was causing this? I have the exact same problem with my WK now. EXACTLY as you described it (even with the pulling over, stopping and when you go again it's completely gone).
Natemare13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 12:17 PM   #3
Jaashua
2005 WK 

I think it just happens. Mine does it too. Never done anything about it and it only happens on very rare occasions. I just pull over restart the engine and off I go.
Jaashua is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.