Intermittent Severe Vibration 2005 JGC - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Intermittent Severe Vibration 2005 JGC

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREE

Unread 06-16-2013, 06:22 PM   #31
hduva

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustgooverit View Post
I finally fixed the problem by replacing the transmission control module. The module itself is the shifter bezel that has park reverse nutral and drive on it.
Are you still having the issue after replacing this ? Was it covered under the warrantee?

Thanks!

hduva is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2013, 06:30 PM   #32
hduva

I have the same problem with my 2007 Grand Cherokee (97k miles).
Happens at all speeds pulling out of my driveway at 20 MPH to on the highway at 65 MPH! FIrst repair as a new Caliper that froze on me, second was a break job, third time new tires. So frustrating! Now that i have new tires with maybe 1000 miles on them i am still experiencing the vibration/shudder. I can pull over, come to a complete stop and drive away with nothing. I left it with the dealer for two days, mechanic drove it home twice (150 miles) and of course NOTHING! Very interested in hearing what has worked. We are going away for a family vacation in a few weeks and we need the space in the Jeep.
Any advice or fixes that have worked?
Thanks!
Unread 06-17-2013, 07:56 PM   #33
hduva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cally View Post
I have a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee WK with the 3.7L engine. I have an intermittent problem, where the entire vehicle vibrates severely while driving along, as though you are driving over slowdown bumps on the road, except there aren’t any bumps. It happens every few days, when cruising at 50 – 60 mph. The vibration continues even when the vehicle slows down, except once I have stopped and drive away again the vibration has gone. I am bit stumped as to the cause and have no warning lights. I calle Jeep and they told me unless the check engine light comes on don't bring it in as they won't be able to replicate it. I asked about the wheel bearings or hubs and was told 'it might be'.

I would appreciate any help you can offer.
I am having the same problem now... What was the problem and fix for you?
Unread 08-29-2013, 07:58 AM   #34
mphinn

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee with same problem

The problem in mine is extremely intermittent, and has only occurred a few times in the last 2000 miles. Sounds the same, extreme vibration, pull over stop and then drive away with no problem for 100's of miles after that.

Cally just wondering if you have solved anything?

zup28w are you still doing fine after the fluid changes?

Or does anyone else have any advice?
mphinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013, 08:46 AM   #35
R32R1
2006 WK 

Happened on my WJ. Driveshaft was out of balance with the combination of my tires. Once I went around the right turn at the right speed, all of them were out of balance at the same time...HUGE vibrations. It was very random at time.
R32R1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013, 12:12 PM   #36
zup28w
2005 WK 

Hi mphinn,

I have not had it happen since the fluid change. I've put over 40k miles on it since I originally had the problem.

Good luck getting it resolved.

Greg
zup28w is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013, 03:21 PM   #37
AlKidd
2008 WK 

I had similar experience with my 08. Ive diagnosed it as a stuck caliper pin. Seems the caliper brake would oscillate in the bracket. Stopping re-positions the caliper. Havent had it happen since the brake job but will advise if it shows up again.
AlKidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2014, 01:03 PM   #38
Mountain_1

minor and severe vibration

intermittent
Mountain_1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.