Intermittent Severe Vibration 2005 JGC - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Intermittent Severe Vibration 2005 JGC

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right here

Unread 04-30-2011, 07:54 AM   #16
zup28w
2005 WK 

I've now put on another 250+ miles and haven't had any vibration issues. Of course anytime I go on a long drive it's in the back of my mind.

Greg

zup28w is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2011, 08:56 AM   #17
zup28w
2005 WK 

Hi Cally,

Wouldn't you know it happened to me again yesterday. I was going about 25-30 and in traffic so I didn't have a chance to put in into neutral. It seemed to stop for me even though I didnt come to a complete stop. I'm more confident it's coming from the rear end.

Thanks for the update on yours. I had my fluids changed about 15k miles ago as well. Hope it works for you.

Greg
Unread 05-02-2011, 05:34 PM   #18
Cally
2005 WK 

It's only happened once so far since I had the fluid changed. I actually took it out Saturday hoping to bring the problem to a head, I can't stand having it in the back of my mind, and I have a camping trip next weekend. Oh well, it'll either go away or come back with a vengeance I'm sure. I'll report back in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zup28w View Post
Hi Cally,

Wouldn't you know it happened to me again yesterday. I was going about 25-30 and in traffic so I didn't have a chance to put in into neutral. It seemed to stop for me even though I didnt come to a complete stop. I'm more confident it's coming from the rear end.

Thanks for the update on yours. I had my fluids changed about 15k miles ago as well. Hope it works for you.

Greg
Cally is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2011, 06:35 PM   #19
zup28w
2005 WK 

Hi Cally,

Any other issues with your Jeep and the vibration?

Greg
Unread 06-10-2011, 06:34 AM   #20
Cally
2005 WK 

Greg,

It seemed the vibration had gone away for a week or two, so I was excited, but now it's back. It will happen a few times - and I just drive right through it hoping whatever is the problem will 'come to a head'. Then it goes away for a few days. Then it comes back. Very frustrating, I feel that I can't take the vehicle on any kind of trip, especially with family, I just don't trust it. I find it hard to believe the Dealership can't figure this out. I'll be sure to let you know when something finally fails and we figure out what the heck is going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zup28w View Post
Hi Cally,

Any other issues with your Jeep and the vibration?

Greg
Unread 10-17-2011, 01:25 PM   #21
gradeigh1
2005 WK 

Cally,

Did you ever get this figured out? Myself and EricS2 are having the same trouble now. Can't seem to get it fixed. I had my torque convertor replaced and it didn't help.

Thanks,
gradeigh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2011, 01:31 PM   #22
Cally
2005 WK 

I have still experienced this same vibration, but since the transmission fluid was changed I only experience it once every few weeks now. But it is very unerving still when it happens. I pull over, throw the Jeep in park then back in drive and it's gone. Always on the back of my mind. Since you brought it up, it'll probably happen to me on my drive home from work I'm not totally convinced it's the converter, but then again I'm not a mechanic. Please keep me posted if you finally do figure this out, and so will I.
Unread 10-17-2011, 01:45 PM   #23
gradeigh1
2005 WK 

It sounds like we're having the same issue. Mine is almost every time I drive. I hardly use it during the week as I take a subway to work and only use it to get out of the city on weekends. Pretty much without fail though Saturday and Sunday it occurs. I have 105k miles on it. How about you?
gradeigh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2011, 01:47 PM   #24
Cally
2005 WK 

I have about 83K on mine.
Unread 10-18-2011, 04:44 AM   #25
HurriJeff
2005 WK 

Cally, you had the oil leak fixed on the front axle and that didn't help your problem ? Did you have to pay for that or was it covered under your 7/70 powertrain warranty. (hoping you have it).
HEMI CLUB MEMBER #10
Previous Jeeps:
1998 ZJ Special Edition 2wd- Traded
1991 XJ 2.8 2wd Sold
HurriJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2011, 06:31 AM   #26
Cally
2005 WK 

When I took the vehicle in for that leak, the technician told me it was not enough of a leak to be worried about, and he would recommend I leave it for now unless it got worse. So I haven't done anything about it yet. It doesn't leak enough that you see anything on the ground, more just fluid 'creeping' from the seal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurriJeff View Post
Cally, you had the oil leak fixed on the front axle and that didn't help your problem ? Did you have to pay for that or was it covered under your 7/70 powertrain warranty. (hoping you have it).
Unread 11-10-2011, 10:43 PM   #27
mustgooverit

My 2007 4x4 WK with a 3.7L does the same thing. I was just thinking of this after the fact but have any of you guys tried turning off the ESP when it happens. That is going what I am going to try next time it happens.
mustgooverit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 12:22 PM   #28
Natemare13
2007 WK 

I am having the same issue with my WK. Extreme vibration intermittently (usually on the highway). I stop, and then go again and it's gone. Happens at any given point during a drive cycle. I can drive it for 500 miles without it happening or I can pull out of my driveway and it happens. Would love to hear how others fixed the issue.
Natemare13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 03:34 PM   #29
mustgooverit

I finally fixed the problem by replacing the transmission control module. The module itself is the shifter bezel that has park reverse nutral and drive on it.
mustgooverit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2013, 03:51 PM   #30
zup28w
2005 WK 

For me, it was just seemed to stop after I changed the diff and transmission fluid.

Greg

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.