Interior Light Problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Interior Light Problem

JKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 10-06-2013, 07:40 PM   #1
BlackedOutWK
2007 WK 

Interior Light Problem

I have an ongoing issue that I cannot figure out. My interior lights won't turn on when opening the doors, yet if I manually click them on (map and rear handle lights) they work fine. I ordered all new LED's because before this happened 2 bulbs were acting up. So i switched out all the bulbs with brand new ones, still no luck. I even tried the old stock bulbs, same deal. Another weird thing that happens, is when I turn on my headlights, the dash and radio lights dim down to almost nothing. Anyone ever have any of these issues or know what could be going on?

I also checked the fuses. I wasn't sure which one it was, so I checked all the 10a fuses and they were fine, but if someone has a pic of the exact location the interior light fuse is, I would appreciate it.

Unread 10-06-2013, 07:51 PM   #2
RUGLAYR

Did you check the dimmer for the gauge lights. If it's turned all the way down the interior lights won't work and the gauges will be very dim.
RUGLAYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2013, 07:52 PM   #3
RUGLAYR

And the dimmer for those is on the same part as the headlight switch
RUGLAYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2013, 08:34 PM   #4
BlackedOutWK
2007 WK 

i don't think i have a dimmer, but ill have to check. the dash lights arent dim unless i turn the headlights on.
Unread 10-07-2013, 06:50 AM   #5
BlackedOutWK
2007 WK 

that was it! thanks a ton ruglayr...never realized that dimmer was there. i had it at a shop getting body work done and they must have turned that switch off. glad it was something simple but now i feel like an idiot.
Unread 10-07-2013, 02:52 PM   #6
james_2k
2009 WK 

james_2k is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.