Installed a Billet Technology Catch Can on the CRD - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Installed a Billet Technology Catch Can on the CRD

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-19-2013, 03:47 PM   #61
suzieque
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinShep View Post
I made the mistake of getting a CC with 1" inner diameter hoses. finding 1" hoses that are suitable has proven to be quite a challenge, as has finding the adapters to choke to the 3/4" off the crank case and into the intake.. Oh well. Live and learn.
I've burned more money than I care to admit trying different combinations of catch cans, hoses, fittings. I'm going to guess $500 to date.

The "elephant hose mod" is the easiest solution if that is what you are trying to achieve.

2008 WK "S" Limited bright metallic silver exterior, light graystone interior, 5 speed W5J400 transmission, June 18/2008 build, C213RE rear differential with 3.73 axle ratio, C200FE front differential with 3.73 axle ratio, 245/60R18 Goodyear Fortera tires (stock summer tires), NV245 transfer case, GT2056V turbo, 3.0L CRD (OM642.980)
suzieque is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 05:20 PM   #62
JeepinShep
2007 WK 

I have that now, but relocated to a full inspection location. And it irritates me to sit at a light and have enough blow by wafting out from under the Jeep that I look vaguely like I'm on fire.. the latter of those two is incentive enough; the former makes it a time constrained requirement to address...
2007 WK Limited, Red Rock Crystal, 3.0L CRD, QD-II. OME HD lift. 255x75x17s. Pinchweld mod. 1.5" Alloy hub-centric spacers. F/R Stillen rotors and pads. 4xG rear diff guard and belly armor. Tuned by Green Diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoch
...you never, ever, skimp on suspension and tires as they will save your *** when you do something stupid - and .. you *will* do something stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeansWings
Rock crawling is a whole 'nother animal. To me, the off-camber low rpm negotiation of lines provides a different type of adrenaline than plowing through mud. It's terrifying at times, but the pride of looking back at what you just climbed over is what is addictive.
JeepinShep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 04:33 PM   #63
nicksut
2007 WK 

Edited after realizing I hadn't read all pages on this thread:

Everyone posting on this thread to date is obviously much better informed than I am, so please excuse my ignorance, but is the issue that this installation addresses related to the fumes I smell in my cabin when I cold start in the morning? For the most part, the fumes go away after a few minutes, but on my way down from a ski resort in a snowstorm last weekend (starting at 10,000 ft), they were much worse.

A few things that might or might not be related:
1. I have an oily film accumulating where indicted here.
2. About 18 months ago I addressed the swirl motor issue with the large modified hose (presumably what is referred to as the elephant hose with the red nozzle) that redirects oily airflow so it doesn't gum up the swirl valve motor.
3. Recently replaced the glow plug control module and all glow plugs, having gone for quite a while with some very rough starts.
4. I also recently replaced the shifter module, but it seems very unlikely that's related.

Thanks for any suggestions any of you may have, or feel free to redirect me to a less technical thread where I can get an education : )
nicksut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 01:52 AM   #64
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

Edit: didn't read all the way, and see that you had a diesel.
05 WK LTD 5.7L Hemi QD II Midnight Blue Pearl, Blue WK Club member #30
Intune, AFE Stage 2 CAI, BT Catch Can, Gibson Cat-back, OME HD, 255/75/17 BFG KM1s, 1.25" Spidertrax, LED Interior, Reverse & Tail Lights, 3/4" Grille, Chrome Fuel Door & handles, SRT8 Pedals, Taylor Shorties, XK knob, 4xGuard Front 4 & Rear Diff.
blizzboy283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2013, 02:15 PM   #65
fishinbama
2007 WK 

@Nicksut- The fumes are definitely from your elephant hose modification. You may also have a leak from another hose in the area you indicated. Do some digging and determine where the oil is coming from. Always suspect anything that has been recently worked on, moved or modified when looking for problems.
fishinbama is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.