Install rear hitch on '06 Commander - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 05-23-2007, 05:48 PM Thread Starter
Radiac

Install rear hitch on '06 Commander

I have the three rear hitch parts on order for my '06 Commander. I ordered the hitch, bezel and wiring.

Any tip and tricks on installing these? or is it a simple bolt on?
The wiring is sold as needing "dealer activation", but when I asked my selling dealer's service rep about it, he looked at me like I was speaking Klingon.

Anyone done this? How did it go?

Thanks

His: 2006 Bright Silver Commander
Pictures Here

Hers: 2004 Bright Silver Grand Cherokee Laredo
Pictures Here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-23-2007, 08:48 PM
gornoman
2006 WK 

The hitch is very easy if it's the same style as I just switched on our GC. Four bolts, torque them down good, and your done. We found a few pins in the bumper valance that the detail sheet did not show. Just be patient in locating them. The rivets that held our valance to the wheel wells were single use style, and were $3.60 each at the dealer.
As for the wiring/cpu question, I cannot help as our GC alreay had a hitch, we just upgraded to a Class III.

'06 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4X4 (26E), Steel Blue Metallic. 3.7, QTII Trail Rated, Factory Skids, Tow Package, RRO Rock Rails, 245-65-17 Bridgestone REVOS
Ipod, CB, Leather Steering Wheel, Fog Lights. Black Bear Road Alumni, Elephant Hill Alumni.
Blue WK Club Member #15
My other passion - WWW.buggiesgonewild.com
post #3 of 3 Old 05-24-2007, 08:57 AM
Dabitz
2015 WK 

I sent you a PM for install instructions w/pics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.