Install rear hitch on '06 Commander - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Install rear hitch on '06 Commander

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 05-23-2007, 05:48 PM   #1
Radiac

Install rear hitch on '06 Commander

I have the three rear hitch parts on order for my '06 Commander. I ordered the hitch, bezel and wiring.

Any tip and tricks on installing these? or is it a simple bolt on?
The wiring is sold as needing "dealer activation", but when I asked my selling dealer's service rep about it, he looked at me like I was speaking Klingon.

Anyone done this? How did it go?

Thanks

[B]Hers: 2004 Bright Silver Grand Cherokee Laredo[/B]
[URL=http://simpson260.com/hosting/jeeps/04jeep.htm]Pictures Here[/URL]
Radiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2007, 08:48 PM   #2
gornoman
2006 WK 

The hitch is very easy if it's the same style as I just switched on our GC. Four bolts, torque them down good, and your done. We found a few pins in the bumper valance that the detail sheet did not show. Just be patient in locating them. The rivets that held our valance to the wheel wells were single use style, and were $3.60 each at the dealer.
As for the wiring/cpu question, I cannot help as our GC alreay had a hitch, we just upgraded to a Class III.
Blue WK Club Member #15
My other passion - WWW.buggiesgonewild.com
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2007, 08:57 AM   #3
Dabitz

I sent you a PM for install instructions w/pics
Dabitz is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.