Idle Dips at the lights - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Idle Dips at the lights

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 04-12-2013, 07:46 AM   #1
matt777
2005 WK 

Idle Dips at the lights

My '05 GC runs great at 240km. However, when you come to a stop in gear the idle drops to 400 rpm and then recovers. The warmer the ambient gets the more it does it. It didn't seem to have this problem when I bought it early in the winter when the temps were cold but now that they are above freezing it does it more. When it was very cold it would occasionally stall when you stopped when the engine was cold. There are no codes and the dealer can't help. They said it might be transmission bump stop?? but I think that is something different. Any ideas?
It has new plugs, IAC and I cleaned the throttle body already .I might just start replacing sensors

Last edited by matt777; 04-12-2013 at 10:17 AM..
matt777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 11:09 AM   #2
caulk04
2008 WK 

4.7? I had that trouble with my Dakota years ago. Tried a new tps first, nothing. The iac did it. Seems hit or miss for which one fixes it, though usually one will.
Unread 04-12-2013, 07:43 PM   #3
matt777
2005 WK 

Yeah I'll either change the TPS, inlet air temp or MAP sensor next.
Unread 02-15-2014, 11:18 AM   #4
matt777
2005 WK 

The problem seems to be that it was almost 1 quart low.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.