Ideas for increasing performance on newly purchased 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Ideas for increasing performance on newly purchased 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Unread 04-11-2014, 03:34 PM   #31
FJR06
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kman09JGC View Post
Thanks FJR06. My 09 has just 30K on it. Most of my driving is short drives to work. Sprint booster sounds just like what I need. Did you remove your tune first or install as is?
Installed with my tune in place. No worries.

2005 GC, 5.7 Hemi, QDII, BT Catch Can, Sonnax Transmission Line Pressure Booster, SC Tuner W/Adv Trans Tune App, NRG EPAC voltage stabilizer, Firestone Destination 255/70/17, Bilstein 5100 shocks and struts (with 2-inch lift setting), 2 inch Rusty's rear spacers, AFE Stage 2 CAI, Modern Muscle 85 mm ported throttle body, 4XGuard Front Guard.
FJR06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2014, 06:23 PM   #32
borderpatrol420
2005 WK 

Hey FJR06, I did a little research on doing the seafoam on my engine. I saw a few videos and there's conflicting information out there. I was wondering how you performed this treatment.
borderpatrol420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2014, 04:57 AM   #33
FJR06
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderpatrol420 View Post
Hey FJR06, I did a little research on doing the seafoam on my engine. I saw a few videos and there's conflicting information out there. I was wondering how you performed this treatment.
I put either a whole can into a full gas tank and a whole can into the intake manifold through the brake booster vacuum line. Follow directions on can. Warm engine, put seafoam in booster line intake, shot off for however long the instructions say. Start and rev for awhile somewhere where you can handle a serious amount of smoke. Smoke will stop after a while. Drive it around a bit. Done. Pour super carefully into the vacuum line or you will stall the vehicle (just restart it). If you have a friend, they can hold revs at around 1500. Makes it a little easier. I never put anything in my oil, so I don't recommend that.

The attached images of how to find and feed the vacuum line and how I set up a tube a funnel for application.

Yes, plenty of discussion about whether or not to seafoam. I chose to do it in order to clear out my manifold the best I could before putting on the catch can and a new TB. My TB was too far gone to clean. I tried. The carbon was burnt onto it. I tried all the tricks I found on this forum. Couldn't get it to budge. See attached. Old TB and new. Also a view inside the dirty manifold. The seafoam did a pretty good job. If anyone knows how to comment on/between photos, please let me know. These are my first pics.
dscn0726.jpg

dscn0743.jpg

dscn0746.jpg

dscn0751.jpg

dscn0730.jpg

2005 GC, 5.7 Hemi, QDII, BT Catch Can, Sonnax Transmission Line Pressure Booster, SC Tuner W/Adv Trans Tune App, NRG EPAC voltage stabilizer, Firestone Destination 255/70/17, Bilstein 5100 shocks and struts (with 2-inch lift setting), 2 inch Rusty's rear spacers, AFE Stage 2 CAI, Modern Muscle 85 mm ported throttle body, 4XGuard Front Guard.
FJR06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2014, 06:45 PM   #34
borderpatrol420
2005 WK 

Awesome! Thanks for the write up FJR06. This seems like a cheap thing I can do this weekend. It'll also give me the chance to see what kind of shape the throttle body is in. Right now my 2005 WK kind of rumbles around a bit when I'm at a stop, so I'll have to check on that here soon. I read through my Chilton manual on possible culprits so I plan on checking for vacuum leaks while I'm under the hood.
borderpatrol420 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.