I need some help with my LED signals - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > I need some help with my LED signals

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 04-18-2013, 12:49 PM   #31
jeep_wk06
2006 WK 

Yes, I have a 3 ohm resistor wired in on each side.

jeep_wk06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2013, 03:16 PM   #32
seanmc
2008 WK 

Quick question I am about to order these turn signal bulbs and I just want to make sure they fit a 2008? Also is it necessary to remove the headlight to install or can I do it without removing them? How difficult is it?

Thanks

http://www.amazon.com/3157-3057-3357...sim_sbs_auto_3
Unread 04-18-2013, 08:48 PM   #33
Megs_Revenge
2005 WK 

Is it legal to have your lights blink in that way? This would be a great change to my Jeep but I wonder if Pennsylvania would get on my case about such a modification?
[FONT="Arial"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Silver"]Silver WK club #69[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT="Arial"][COLOR="Silver"]Oo|||||||oO[/COLOR][/FONT]
Megs_Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2013, 11:23 PM   #34
mjwolf
2008 WK 

Were you able to wire the resistors in without removing the headlight housing? It seems really cramped in there, especially on the driver side
Unread 12-16-2013, 08:43 AM   #35
caulk04
2008 WK 

FWIW, I was able to wriggle the headlight housing out of mine without removing the bumper. Just the screw in the wheel well that holds the bumper, then a little persuasion allowed them each to pop out.
Unread 12-16-2013, 09:38 PM   #36
0321Nick
2006 WK 

Like minds. I got these in last Thursday and haven't had the time to wire in my resistors. Thanks for doing all the hard work. Lol.
KHAKI CLUB #65
2006 WK 4.7L V8 - Modified OME HD with Bilstein 5125s (28" length); JBA UCA; JKS Rear Discos; K&N CAI; PowerStop Discs; HyperTech; TOYO Open Country AT IIs 285/70/17; + some other goodies
0321Nick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2013, 12:50 AM   #37
mjwolf
2008 WK 

I installed these tonight.. They work properly except the white running light randomly shuts off or lags up to a minute before coming back on after the amber flashes.. I think it's a resistor problem.. I have a 50w 5ohm on both sides, I think if I drop to a 3ohm this would fix this issue any thoughts?? i'm using type 2 switchbacks amber/off/amber

Edit: Resolved with 2 50w 6ohm resistors in parallel on the blink wire + ground

Last edited by mjwolf; 12-19-2013 at 03:50 PM..
mjwolf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2013, 10:47 AM   #38
justinmiller930
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megs_Revenge View Post
Is it legal to have your lights blink in that way? This would be a great change to my Jeep but I wonder if Pennsylvania would get on my case about such a modification?
Technically they're not legal. Parking lights in the Comm. of Penna. have to be orange.

http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/06...5/s175.66.html
justinmiller930 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2013, 10:49 AM   #39
justinmiller930
2005 WK 

I actually purchased a regular orange pair of LED lights, I couldn't get the resistors wired in correctly. For some reason they wouldn't work. They'd blink real fast and they didn't light up when the parking lights were on. I'm going to have to try and hook them up sometime again when the weather gets a little bit warmer and do some trouble-shooting.
justinmiller930 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.