I can handle the truth... I just can't seem to find it... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > I can handle the truth... I just can't seem to find it...

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto Un

Unread 08-15-2013, 09:52 AM   #1
08hemi
2008 WK 

I can handle the truth... I just can't seem to find it...

So the ol' Hemi has developed a small exhaust leak at the manifold...

I've been searching and debating and planning and now i'm just going to ask for direct advice. I'm thinking that i'll find myself a set of SRT8 manifolds and have my exhaust shop fab up the rest... the questions arise with EGR...

A) has anyone done an EGR delete.

B) does the Diablosport tuner actually disable the EGR.

I've read a couple places that vaguely say that it does, might, something. On the diablosport website though it doesn't list it as an adjustable parameter. Possibly for legal reasons.

Anyways, any advice would be much appreciated as I will certainly not go into this without all the info.

08hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2013, 10:52 AM   #2
08hemi
2008 WK 

And has anyone ever tried to fit something like this?

http://www.holley.com/91946-1FLT.asp
08hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2013, 05:20 PM   #3
hxdrummerxc
2008 WK 

Mine also has an exhaust leak. Not sure where from yet, but I wanted to get the srt8 manifolds/headers anyways for performance improvement.

I have searched online and I cant seem to find any srt8 manifolds. Someone said to check junk yards for srt8's. If you find any, let us know where you found them...

Ill be watching this thread for news

EDIT:
Also I have heard that JBA makes a set of headers that fit nicely with the 5.7. Someone on the "other" forums said they required less work than the srt8 ones to install. However, they came with a higher price tag $500-600
08' Limited 5.7L QTII | Hemi Club #76 | Saguaro Front Shackles | Blacked out front grille, Blacked out stock chrome wheels | Bwoody 4" Short Ram Velocity Intake | Flowmaster Super 44 & resonator delete | Superchips Vivid |
hxdrummerxc is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.