hxdrummerxc - My Build Thread - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 70 Old 05-15-2014, 12:23 PM Thread Starter
hxdrummerxc

2008 WK 

hxdrummerxc - My Build Thread

I still need to name her...... hmmm

Well my jeep isn't much compared to some of you guys on here. But shes my pride and joy, and I have finally got a little lift on her and some mods done. So I figured I would throw it all in one thread. But its more of a before and after type thread. Because I didn't take a lot of pictures during the install of stuff.

So here goes,
Here she is the day I brought her home. Coming up on two years already this fall

2008 5.7L Limited QTII with 75,000 miles

Before:

Now:

More to come....

08' Limited 5.7L QTII | Hemi Club #76 | RC lift | Custom painted headlights with Oracle LED Halos | Bwoody 4" Short Ram Velocity Intake | Flowmaster Super 44 & resonator delete | Superchips Vivid |
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 70 Old 05-15-2014, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
hxdrummerxc

2008 WK 

The FIRST mod I had to do, was get rid of all that damn chrome.... Plus it was the only thing I could afford after I bought her

So I plasti-dipped the wheels and the front grille

08' Limited 5.7L QTII | Hemi Club #76 | RC lift | Custom painted headlights with Oracle LED Halos | Bwoody 4" Short Ram Velocity Intake | Flowmaster Super 44 & resonator delete | Superchips Vivid |
post #3 of 70 Old 05-15-2014, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
hxdrummerxc

2008 WK 

After that, I got the Saguaro 4x4 Front shackles before they went out of business

So I installed those and also removed the front air damn.

post #4 of 70 Old 05-15-2014, 12:43 PM Thread Starter
hxdrummerxc

2008 WK 

After driving her like that for nearly a year. I got a bonus at work and used it to get some performance and exhaust upgrades.

I got the Superchip Vivid Linq Tuner, and a custom painted BWoody Short Ram intake

I also got a Flowmaster Super 44 muffler installed with a nice stainless tip, and my resonator removed. She sounds much better.

post #5 of 70 Old 05-15-2014, 12:48 PM Thread Starter
hxdrummerxc

2008 WK 

Then I gave my tail lights a slight tinting. I wanted them tinted, but I didn't want them too dark. So I went with a medium tint film

BTW, that stuff was cheap, and looks good. But it was a ***** to put on.

post #6 of 70 Old 05-15-2014, 12:57 PM
caulk04
2008 WK 

I gotta say, I really don't like the plastidip on the wheels...not at all. Your Jeep looks identical (from factory) to mine other than mine is white.

I do really like the tails though, I've often thought about a light tint on mine.

Do yourself a favor and pick up a can of satin black Fusion paint (Krylon) and do your rear step pad and hitch bezel. I couldn't stand how mine was all faded and grey even with a dressing on it. The Fusion is great, been through two winters and looks brand new still.

08 Limited Hemi - wheels, tires, springs...ya know, stuff
post #7 of 70 Old 05-15-2014, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
hxdrummerxc

2008 WK 

Then came the fun parts....

I decided to rip my headlights apart and paint them black and also install some custom made Halo's out of flexible side emitting LED strips.

I nearly destroyed the lights getting them apart. Apparently the 2008 and newer models used a newer glue, then the 05-07 and its a ***** to get apart. I tried the oven, didn't work. Ended up using a heat gun, which was melting stuff, and still the glue was not letting go. I finally got them apart, but the seam was pretty badly damaged.

I went with my own Side Emitting LED Strip rather than buying Oracle halos. Because I was able to get 16ft of this stuff for around $60. When Oracle wants to charge over $200 for their rings. And I wasn't paying that price for some LED lights.

I decided to paint in the turn signal area, and also painted my side marker, but I taped off and left that little rectangle square so the side marker was still visible.

These strips are VERY bright. Easily Visible on a full sunny day. Much much brighter than those off brand Ebay and Spyder Headlights with the built in halos that you can hardly see.

I was pretty happy how they turned out. The website said the strips were Pure white to Cool White. But they turned out looking more blue than I expected. Maybe because the black headlights. They did however fog up on me two days after. But it worked itself out, and hasn't fogged up since.

post #8 of 70 Old 05-15-2014, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
hxdrummerxc

2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by caulk04 View Post
I gotta say, I really don't like the plastidip on the wheels...not at all. Your Jeep looks identical (from factory) to mine other than mine is white.

I do really like the tails though, I've often thought about a light tint on mine.

Do yourself a favor and pick up a can of satin black Fusion paint (Krylon) and do your rear step pad and hitch bezel. I couldn't stand how mine was all faded and grey even with a dressing on it. The Fusion is great, been through two winters and looks brand new still.
Thanks a lot,

I do plan on fixing up that faded rear step, its been bothering me.
Also Im not using those wheels anymore. So ill have some more pics posted in a bit. Still updating the thread.

post #9 of 70 Old 05-15-2014, 01:16 PM Thread Starter
hxdrummerxc

2008 WK 

Then Just last week I got my Rough Country lift and my 1.5" Spidertrax spacers. And I put on my set of Rubicon Take-offs. (JK Moab wheels and 255/75/17 Mud terrains)

And that's where she stands until I can gather up the money to get the OME HD (my next investment for her)

post #10 of 70 Old 05-15-2014, 02:48 PM
BoraBora
2015 JK Wrangler 

Man that looks good! Really clean and mean so far man!

'15 JK 2.5" lift on 35's
'06 WK 3.5" lift on 33's (Sold)
post #11 of 70 Old 05-15-2014, 03:45 PM
ChiliPepperXJ
2006 WK 

Headlights look awesome man. Nice work.
post #12 of 70 Old 05-15-2014, 05:38 PM Thread Starter
hxdrummerxc

2008 WK 

Thanks Bora, and Chillipepper !

post #13 of 70 Old 05-15-2014, 07:41 PM
CamelMikeWK
2005 WK 

Looks awesome so far man! do you have any night shots of the LED's?

2005 WK - Metallic Blue - HEMI - 2" RC BB - Rola Rack - 32" Tough Light in front - 10" Led Bar in the back - 245-70-17 Goodyear Wrangler's with Kevlar
"The Camel"
Looking for Front Tow Hooks or shackle mounts
post #14 of 70 Old 05-16-2014, 04:58 PM Thread Starter
hxdrummerxc

2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamelMikeWK View Post
Looks awesome so far man! do you have any night shots of the LED's?
Thanks man!

I tried to take a couple with my phone. But the LEDS are so bright that my phone don't focus on them. It washes them out and makes them look like I have blueish headlights lol.

Im gonna have to get my good camera out and take a picture.

post #15 of 70 Old 05-17-2014, 03:26 PM
ryco25
2009 WK 

Trying to send you a PM about your exhaust but apparently your inbox is full...Let me know when I can send you one please.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.