HVAC issues - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > HVAC issues

Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 12-05-2011, 09:16 AM   #1
HOOGIE43MI
2005 WK 

HVAC issues

I've got a 05 GC Limited 5.7 with dual climate control and I'm having issues with my HVAC system. I have no control as to which vents blow and no control of the temp. I first thought it was a blend door issue, but when I disconnected the the control panel and reconnected it, I was able to control which vents were blowing. If I mess around with the selector knob and cycle it through, it goes right back to defrost/floor and I can't change it. I could also control the passenger side climate before I cycled through the vent selections. The fan blower is not affected. I can control that just fine. I'm thinking that I need to take it in and get the system re-calibrated, but not sure. Please help!!

HOOGIE43MI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2011, 02:11 PM   #2
sm58

I'm having the same exact problem. Tomorrow I have an appointment with the Jeep dealer to have a system reprogrammed. It seems that there is an update ( NUMBER 24-002-06 DATED MARCH 04 2006) that should solve the problem. Will update final outcome.
sm58 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2011, 03:59 PM   #3
HOOGIE43MI
2005 WK 

sm58,
I hope the reprogram works. I guess I'll stop stressing about it for now. I look forward to your results.
Unread 12-05-2011, 07:34 PM   #4
Tarpon65
2005 WK 

Hoogie, hopefully it's nothing too serious. We left our house on Thanksgiving Eve around 3 AM to drive 14 hours to Tennessee to see my dad in our '05 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited and within 5 minutes we had no climate control and a loud clanking sound coming from under the dashboard. We fought with the sound and the windows fogging over for 100 miles but eventually gave up and came back home. Ended up being a 65 dollar actuator and close to 700 dollars to replace it. Our Jeep has been in the shop 5 times since we bought it new, and every time it has been a major issue with the AC. I love the Jeep, but it seems the AC is poorly designed/built.
Tarpon65 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2011, 08:02 PM   #5
HOOGIE43MI
2005 WK 

Tarpon, I originally thought it was an actuator or blend door issue. I ruled both out when I pulled and reinstalled the electrical connector going to the control panel and everything worked perfect for about two minutes. Im really hoping it just needs software update and recalibration. It blows my mind when I hear how much it costs to repair/replace some of those components.
Unread 12-06-2011, 05:39 AM   #6
sm58

Just got back from Jeep Dealer and they said that the software was up to date.
I quess I'm just gonna have to live with either cold or very hot air blowing inside the car......
Unread 12-06-2011, 07:12 AM   #7
HOOGIE43MI
2005 WK 

Sm, did they perform the recalibration, or did they just check the software version?
Unread 12-06-2011, 01:05 PM   #8
sm58

No, just a software update check. They mentioned nothing about a recalibration..
Unread 12-06-2011, 06:12 PM   #9
HOOGIE43MI
2005 WK 

From what I understand, the door and temperature sensors require the scan tool to recalibrate. It resets all the sensors that control the system to ensure they are all in sync.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.