Hummer Convert - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Hummer Convert

D.i.y. Ford 8.8 tj,xj,yjSavvy Aluminum BumpersSwag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear Bumper

Unread 11-01-2005, 03:03 AM   #1
kacyk

Hummer Convert

We've had 2 H2's in the past and now we are about to trade in our H3. We bought it on impulse and while there is much to like about the truck, it lacks power and the middle row seat is too narrow for three child seats.

I test drove a Commander Limited today with Nav, DVD and that awesome Hemi! This will be my wife's rig so I want it to be reliable. I've never owned a Jeep before so I was wondering if anyone can comment about their Commander's reliability.

We've had a real bad experience with a 2000 Disco and don't want to go through that again. Surprisingly both '03 H2's have been very reliable and the H3 has had zero issues with 2K miles.

kacyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2005, 11:20 PM   #2
NEWtoTHEjeepLIF
Web Wheeler

All the H's in that paragraph are the reason you got no replies....

You can't know about reliability yet because it is a first year car.......But most jeepers on here either have or know someone who has 150K+ on there stock engines and drivetrains
NEWtoTHEjeepLIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2005, 07:46 AM   #3
NetJunkie

It's a new model but it's basically a Grand Cherokee which has been out a bit longer with no problems. The Hemi engine has been around a while as has most of the drivetrain pieces. I don't expect to have any issues with ours.
Unread 11-16-2005, 10:02 AM   #4
BlaineWasHere
BecauseRacecar

Check out www.xkjeeps.com for some great info!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.