How are you guys monitoring your CRD's w/aftermarket Gauges, etc - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > How are you guys monitoring your CRD's w/aftermarket Gauges, etc

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 07-24-2013, 06:57 AM   #1
jrv8984

How are you guys monitoring your CRD's w/aftermarket Gauges, etc

What are you guys using to monitor Boost, EGT's, water temp, oil temp, etc, on your CRD's.

Anybody using Scangauge II?
Is there a gauge pod available?

Any other ideas?
Thanks

jrv8984 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2013, 07:25 AM   #2
Zlartibartfast
2007 WK 

Torque Pro running on my Android phone
Zlartibartfast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2013, 12:12 PM   #3
SKCRDer
2008 WK 

Ditto, Torque Pro on Android and an inexpensive bluetooth ODB2 adapter.

I get engine temp and catalyst temp, but no tranny temp. Darn, I wanted that for when towing.
SKCRDer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2013, 01:34 PM   #4
chevra
2008 WK 

I have been looking at the torque app as well, its very cheap for what it does. Sucks to hear that you dont get tranny temp tho, any of you try out the fuel mileage gauges? How accurate do you think it is if you do use it with the app? Thanks.
chevra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2013, 01:35 PM   #5
scootr29
Web Wheeler

2008 WK 

Dashawk
Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
scootr29 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2013, 01:35 PM   #6
jrv8984

Don't have an Android phone. I want something that will be permanent. Like a scangauge, or a dashhawk (but its no longer available), etc, or an A-arm pillar.
jrv8984 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2013, 03:37 PM   #7
tnadanzig

2007 WK 

I use a bullydog and Edge Insight with expandable accessory system. The bullydog is fine for basic stuff post turbo egt, boost, coolant temp, fuel rail pressure, MAF. But the Edge is nice for adding extra stuff like what I am doing with egt before turbo and fuel pressure before CP3 pump to see if high level tunes are puling to much fuel for the factory fuel pump to keep up with. Also I use AutoEnginuity for data logging and diagnostics.
2007 3.0L CRD WK LTD - Stage 2 Custom Spooling Tune, Go Fast Parts
Pro-lite Build
2003 F250 6.0L CCLB - Gearhead Tunes
tnadanzig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2013, 05:12 PM   #8
TangoTango
2008 WK 

There is a dual guage pod for the a-pillar available. I've also seen a 3 guage installed replacing the cigar ligter and power port/shelf-thing.
I don't have guages yet, but I'm thinking trans temp, boost, exhuast temp and fuel preasure. (4) guages, hard wired.
TangoTango is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2013, 08:08 PM   #9
jediknight
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangoTango
There is a dual guage pod for the a-pillar available. I've also seen a 3 guage installed replacing the cigar ligter and power port/shelf-thing.
I don't have guages yet, but I'm thinking trans temp, boost, exhuast temp and fuel preasure. (4) guages, hard wired.
Im using dash hawk for voltage, trans temp, engine temp, fuel pressure, egt pre-dpf.

Im using my mecanical boost gage for boost.

Last time ive seen dual gage pilar it was something like 180$. So im just using a cup mounted on the pilar. I would like to see egr pre-turbo ... I think this is the one that matera the most.
Unread 07-25-2013, 09:37 PM   #10
Chirpz

2007 WK 

I use a Garmin Mechanic. It is a $99.00 blue tooth device that plugs into your computer port and mounts slimly right above the port using double stick tape. It communicates with SOME models of the Garmin Nuvi Gps systems. I keep a Nuvi 2650 (I think) sitting on my dash all the time. When I want to see the engine guages, I just tape the screen a couple of times and up comes 5 guages. I change the guages picking from a short list of things. It does the basic stuff but does not record things for a permanent record.

It is not as thorough as a DashHawk or some of the other offerings. But it does what I wanted. And take up no extra room. The device is about the size of an Apple I-Touch and you don't even notice it right above the computer port. It works automatically every time you crank up.
EHM MOD, Garmin Mechanic EcoHD, K&N Filter (Deleted)
Chirpz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2013, 10:34 PM   #11
suzieque
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediknight View Post
Im using dash hawk for voltage, trans temp, engine temp, fuel pressure, egt pre-dpf.
X2

plus ambient air temp, intake air temp, boost pressure, current gear, target gear etc.

there are lots of parameters, I could not live without a device like this.
2008 WK "S" Limited bright metallic silver exterior, light graystone interior, 5 speed W5J400 transmission, June 18/2008 build, C213RE rear differential with 3.73 axle ratio, C200FE front differential with 3.73 axle ratio, 245/60R18 Goodyear Fortera tires (stock summer tires), NV245 transfer case, GT2056V turbo, 3.0L CRD (OM642.980)
suzieque is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.