how to replace spark plugs on a 3.7l v6 WK - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > how to replace spark plugs on a 3.7l v6 WK

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 12-07-2009, 09:20 AM   #16
heep1991
2007 JK Wrangler 

I just did this over the weekend. Thanks for the helpful guide. I didnt disconect the O2 sensor I just set it aside and worked around it. Thanks again

heep1991 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2010, 10:49 AM   #17
Jonathan1084
2008 WK 

Just did mine yesterday, I was a little worried about last plug on passenger side but actually it wasnt that bad for me ... I used: Spark plug socket + 6 in extension + two pivot flex socket + 10 in extension + ratchet ... It was very comfortable and easy ... just make sure you dont put that whole kit together and try to shove it in i had half together for the hand tightening of the plug then connected the rest.

The middle plug on the passenger side was a pain though... there was a bracket with the oil dipstick and some other flex soft hose with a cap that i didnt know what it did... I though the middle one was tougher than the last one to be honest ... Thanks for the post though... the pics helped a bunch...
Unread 07-17-2010, 10:25 AM   #18
theSovereign
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan1084 View Post
The middle plug on the passenger side was a pain though... there was a bracket with the oil dipstick and some other flex soft hose with a cap that i didnt know what it did... I though the middle one was tougher than the last one to be honest ... Thanks for the post though... the pics helped a bunch...
Just got done with mine and had the same exact thoughts as Jonathan... thanks as well for the post and the pics!

Edit: I should probably add that I needed to use a long extension on my screwdriver in order to remove the two star screws underneath the airbox.
theSovereign is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2011, 08:43 AM   #19
rbptrsn
2006 WK 

Great write up, thanks! I have one tip: I used a 2" and a 9" extension for the back left (when looking at the engine) spark plug. I put the spark plug socket with a 9" extension in first then attached the wrench with the 2" extension. I was much easier to manage than using a 11".
rbptrsn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2011, 11:48 AM   #20
CmmdrDan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbptrsn
Great write up, thanks! I have one tip: I used a 2" and a 9" extension for the back left (when looking at the engine) spark plug. I put the spark plug socket with a 9" extension in first then attached the wrench with the 2" extension. I was much easier to manage than using a 11".
I think I did mine the same but with a swivel on it.
CmmdrDan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2013, 08:22 AM   #21
RIMAX

I have a problem with the order of the spark plug wires, and the order of the coil connectors. in a jeep grand cherokee 2009 3.7l, can help assist with some diagram?
RIMAX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2013, 11:06 AM   #22
RIMAX

problem solved, firing order, 1-4 3-6 2-5 seeing engine front, right 135, left 246. regardless of the order of the injectors.
RIMAX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2013, 04:38 AM   #23
Gwizzar
2007 WK 

Excellent instructions!!!

I have done this twice now since my wife and I both own 2008 Jeeps and this thread helped immensely! First time, took just over 2 hours, second time 1 and a half from start to clean up. I also started with the back, left plug and removed the transmission bracket slightly to the side each time... not too bad at all. By the way, the hex star screws for the air filter took a T27 on ours
0710130917a.jpg

Last edited by Gwizzar; 07-16-2013 at 12:37 PM..
Gwizzar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2013, 10:53 AM   #24
JRLT
2010 WK 

My "problem" was getting the coil packs unmounted. I got a 2010 and I've got three of these(I know it says 4.7L)

The mounting bracket holds an anchor with a screw in it. Found out you just gotta get a big flat head screwdriver in between the anchor and the anchor hole on the engine and pry it out.

Putting it back in is just taking the screwdriver and tapping the top of the anchor so it'll pop back in the anchor hole.
2010 3.7L, 4XGuard Matrix, Fastman TB, TB Ground Mod, Injen CAI, 255/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Bilstein Shocks & Struts, Cruiser Alloy Wheels - Switchblade, Stillen Brakes, Cargo Light Strip Mod, Electric Ashtray Mod, Jet-powered, Monkey Navigated...
JRLT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.