how to remove rubber door boot? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > how to remove rubber door boot?

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits WJ Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Relocation Packages

Unread 09-10-2007, 03:25 PM   #1
chad1279
2005 WK 

how to remove rubber door boot?

I am trying to install a component speaker system in my '05 Grand Cherokee. Has anyone figured out the trick to removing the rubber boot that runs from the door to the frame. I want to run my wiring in there but I can't figure out how to pop the seal where the boot hits the frame. Looks like it's sealed inside and out and very hard to get to.

chad1279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2007, 05:17 PM   #2
CEPCNC
2005 WK 

Have you tried taking the door paneling off first to see the guts of the door...maybe there's an access/clip to loosen the boot. Check out http://www.wkjeeps.com for any info on that.
CEPCNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2007, 09:14 AM   #3
chad1279
2005 WK 

yep that's done... nobody has pulled these things off before?
chad1279 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.