How to remove radio in Commander? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > How to remove radio in Commander?

JK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 03-27-2008, 06:28 PM   #1
JeffR

How to remove radio in Commander?

New to the Commander and there doesn't appear to be an obvious way to just remove the radio without taking off the dash?? What's the easiest/best way to do this without the possibility of breaking anything? Thanks!

JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2008, 07:19 PM   #2
zigsrig

open this link and scroll down to page 25 i think... SHould help ya!

http://www.wkjeeps.com/sound/Ipod_install_82210181.pdf
Unread 03-27-2008, 07:24 PM   #3
JeffR

Awesome, thanks!
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2010, 08:29 AM   #4
redbulljoker69
2006 XK Commander 

dude it is so easy. i do all my own wiring to my ride. well i do all my own installs period. added a 3" lift, 6 roof lights, 4 bumper driving lights, underglow, wheel well glow, subs, new head unit.
but anyways, to take the dash off it takes 5 mins if that. just get the appropriate size allen tool. and unscrew the 16 screws. just pull the dash off from the corners, get the tricky one under the radio, just pull it straight off. and walla its off. make sure lower steering wheel, makes it easier. and then just unscrew the 4 screws holding radio on.
redbulljoker69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.