How prevalent are Hemis? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > How prevalent are Hemis?

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 11-12-2006, 06:30 PM   #1
Feldner

How prevalent are Hemis?

I was wondering if anyone knew the percentage of Grand Cherokees built with Hemis? We just bought ours, and driving around, I have seen several GCs, but most were Laredos (we got the Limited), and none were Hemis. Ours is the Deep Beryl Green as well, and I haven't seen any of those, and when my dealer looked out 500 miles to see what other stores had, none had that color. Does anyone know where to find these stats? Thanks!

David

Feldner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2006, 08:55 PM   #2
jeep_on

I donít know the numbers for sure, but Iíd say probably about 35% are HEMIs. I see a lot more cheap *** Laredos around than any thing else. See more 5.7Ls than 4.7Ls though, but mostly the cheapy Laredo with the V6s.

Waiting on a 2013 RHD JK Unlimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM Thor View Post
Wait, you can't cross creeks up there? What the Hell is up with these Canadians?
jeep_on is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2006, 09:33 PM   #3
cliff

Gee I must be cheap..... never thought about it to much. Until I read your comment. Ouch. Please don't tell anyone I am cheap. Especially since I bought a used Laredo with the 3.7 and 4WD for under 16 grand. And it only had 20,000 miles on it.

Guess I won't be impressing my neighbors with a Hemi. But I am not trying to impress anyone.
cliff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2006, 11:04 PM   #4
SYCOHEMI

The "take" rate on HEMI optioned vehicles has been huge for Dodge, particularly in the truck arena. Expectations are high for Jeep, and I would guess that a lot of HEMI's have been produced. Not sure how well they are selling. The MDS is a big selling point for the 5.7L though.

The average motorist probably doesn't even know what a HEMI is.

I bought my HEMI to impress myself. And it has. But that's all that matters. Who cares what other people think.

Used cars are always a smart buy. I bought mine new, so it dropped in value already. But I use it for business, so I was able to utilize the heavy SUV tax deduction.
'06 Commander Ltd, 5.7L Hemi, QDII, Midnight Blue, Gibson Exhaust, Raingler Net, K&N FIPK, Remote Start, Optima Yellow, Skid plates & Tow Hooks, Rocky Road 2.25 Lift, New Rear DT Shocks, 265/70R17 REVO's, 6061-T6 Custom Wheel Adapters, 4xGuard Rock Rails/Steps
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE
SYCOHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2006, 12:22 AM   #5
jeep_on

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliff
Gee I must be cheap..... never thought about it to much. Until I read your comment. Ouch. Please don't tell anyone I am cheap. Especially since I bought a used Laredo with the 3.7 and 4WD for under 16 grand. And it only had 20,000 miles on it.

Guess I won't be impressing my neighbors with a Hemi. But I am not trying to impress anyone.
Your not cheap, your WK is. The 3.7L powered WKs are so gutless my 1988 YJ with the most gutless underpowered carbureted engine Jeep has ever stuffed into any thing, could beat a 3.7L WK off the line, and its got a standard! The 3.7L is so taxed in the heavy WK is gets bad mileage for a V6, but that’s understandable considering the WK weighs about 4,500+lbs and is about as aerodynamic as a brick.

I don’t see why Jeep even builds Laredos really. Grand Cherokee’s are classed as “Luxury SUVs”. What kinda luxury vehicle really has cloth seats, a V6 and no fog lights? I will only buy a Limited or above. No offence to you personally, I just don’t like Laredos. I like having heated leather seats, CD changer, and the power of a V8 when I go off road. Ya I’m spoiled, but what ever.

Flame on.

Waiting on a 2013 RHD JK Unlimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM Thor View Post
Wait, you can't cross creeks up there? What the Hell is up with these Canadians?
jeep_on is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2006, 09:11 AM   #6
damer1

Who are YOU trying to impress?

I'm not trying to impress anyone but I love my HEMI!!!

[B]DEPARTED[/B]
[COLOR="Silver"]2005 TJ sport[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Cyan"]1995 YJ Sport[/COLOR]
damer1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2006, 09:29 AM   #7
BlaineWasHere
BecauseRacecar

Around here I actaully see more HEMI's than anything else.
Unread 11-13-2006, 10:55 AM   #8
PugetHound

19%, see below

http://www.nagca.com/news/hemi.htm

06 Commander Limited 5.7 Hemi !
PugetHound is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2006, 05:09 PM   #9
KingPrat
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep_on
Your What kinda luxury vehicle really has cloth seats, a V6 and no fog lights? I will only buy a Limited or above. No offence to you personally, I just donít like Laredos.
My father has V8 Laredo with heated leather seats, and fog lights to boot. CD player included....

It's called the X package

Nokian Vatiiva tires: 235/65-17

Previous:1997 ZJ TSi 4.0. Some stuff added

Western New England College '08
Golden Bear Lacrosse #13
Week 11 USILA Rank: #15
2008: 16-5
NCAA Elite 8
TCCC Champions

Please read and share!!
KingPrat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2006, 07:14 PM   #10
cliff

I like the HEMI's They are a great motor.
cliff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2006, 08:38 PM   #11
Feldner

Thanks!

Thanks for a great response to my first post. Now I wonder how often I'll see my Deep Beryl Green Hemi GC at street corners

David
Feldner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.