How much you paying for CRD oil filters? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > How much you paying for CRD oil filters?

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valuePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGIntroducing the Quart Crate...

Unread 11-26-2013, 07:06 PM   #16
gemiller
2008 WK 

amsoil for around 10

Unread 11-26-2013, 09:16 PM   #17
Tuco
2007 WK 

RM European 20% off this weekend. Makes Mann original equipment filter $8 each. They also have oil for about $35 per 5 liter
Unread 11-27-2013, 12:58 AM   #18
va7cid
2008 WK 

Go across the border to any of the local NAPA for filter at about $11 and Walmart Shell T6 at $22 for jug of 4L total of about $77 USD for a DIY oil change for your CRD with 2L of oil to spare instead of paying $200+ at your Stealership. Just hate them, don't ever waste your money on any extended warranty that will not cover anything at all.
va7cid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2013, 12:26 PM   #19
gemiller
2008 WK 

Definitely don't listen to va7cid, putting that oil in will cause the dpf failure to happen extremely expedited. Liquimoly, amsoil, Castrol and a handful of others make the appropriate 229.51 oil. Unless your dpf deleted, in which case you can use some other ones. I pay right around 100 give or take 10 or 20 bucks either way (I don't remember, ive got the fancy amsoil account) for amsoil plus filter.
Unread 11-27-2013, 03:16 PM   #20
ryann04
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemiller View Post
Definitely don't listen to va7cid, putting that oil in will cause the dpf failure to happen extremely expedited. Liquimoly, amsoil, Castrol and a handful of others make the appropriate 229.51 oil. Unless your dpf deleted, in which case you can use some other ones. I pay right around 100 give or take 10 or 20 bucks either way (I don't remember, ive got the fancy amsoil account) for amsoil plus filter.
OP may have a DPF delete to expand his choices on oil.

If not then OP is stuck buying merc spec oil only.
Blue WK Club Member #42 // DIESEL FTW !!!! -Ryan
ryann04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2013, 06:07 AM   #21
gemiller
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryann04 View Post
OP may have a DPF delete to expand his choices on oil.

If not then OP is stuck buying merc spec oil only.
Which would be exactly what I said in my post....

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.