How to drain coolant - 5.7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > How to drain coolant - 5.7

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-13-2014, 10:38 AM   #1
lonebrave
2006 WK 

How to drain coolant - 5.7

The service manual makes it sound pretty straight forward...attach hose, open the valve, fluid drains. I put a hose on what I thought was the drain and turned what appeared to be the valve, but nothing comes out. Is this the right drain? How much does the valve turn?

img_20140413_123602.jpg  
lonebrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2014, 11:02 AM   #2
lonebrave
2006 WK 

I figured it out...didn't turn the valve far enough. For anyone else doing this the first time...turn valve counter-clockwise. It will start to protrude to the rear of the vehicle once it's open.
lonebrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2014, 11:03 AM   #3
CactusPillow
2005 WK 

This post has been deleted
05 WK 5.7L Hemi, QDII, 2" RC Spacer Lift, K & N CAI, Billet Catch Can, ARB on board air, Gibson 3" Catback, Superchips 3870 Tuner, Uniden CB w/ 4' Firestik, LED interiors, HIR Lows-Highs-Fogs, Spyder Tail Lights, Tail Light Guards, Debadged, Lowrance Elite-5m Baja Chartplotter
CactusPillow is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.