Hopefully picking up an 06 Commander Limited Hemi tomorrow. Have a few questions. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Hopefully picking up an 06 Commander Limited Hemi tomorrow. Have a few questions.

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 07-08-2013, 10:16 PM   #1
jaysix
2006 XK Commander 

Hopefully picking up an 06 Commander Limited Hemi tomorrow. Have a few questions.

First post so bare with me. So I have finally found a Commander with everything that I have been looking for and should be picking it up tomorrow if all goes according to plan. We bought an 05 GC for my wife 2 years ago and she absolutely loves it so I have been on the search for a Commander and will be trading my Ford Freestyle in on it.

What wiring harness do I need to install an aftermarket stereo? It is the limited with rear DVD but no navigation. I don't know if it is factory amplified, but am kind of thinking it would be seeing that it is a limited.

Did they make an Overland in 06? The only reason I am asking is because it has the dark, almost natural, looking leather seats in it that I saw in an Overland GC.

It has a chrome bug shield and gas door cover, are these factory or just some K-martish accessories. I am hoping the gas door cover is just held on with double sided tape so I can take it off. As for the bug shield, that will just get painted body color which is white.

Last question for now. Are the third row seats removable? I don't exactly need them and thought that if they are removable, it would give me alot more cargo space.

Thanks and any help would be greatly appreciated.

jaysix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2013, 09:26 AM   #2
trax95008
Web Wheeler
2006 XK Commander 

Yes the 3rd row is removable, and yes it will give you a lot more cargo space! However, now when you lower the second row, you won't have a level surface anymore. Removing the 3rd row leaves a "hole" what some have done, (including myself" is to build a storage box to fill the void. Now you can fold the middle row down and have a large flat area
trax95008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2013, 10:16 AM   #3
jaysix
2006 XK Commander 

Thank you!
jaysix is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.