Hitch Recommendations? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Hitch Recommendations?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 08-08-2013, 07:58 AM   #1
Xmind
2007 WK 

Hitch Recommendations?

So I've meant to start a thread a while ago about the ideal towing setup, but for the short term I just need a hitch to tow a car. If I'm going to buy a hitch, I'd rather just buy one that I can use for a camper trailer later on...so fairly universal.

So I guess I'm looking for an adjustable height hitch with locks? Anyone have something they'd recommend?

Something like this maybe:
http://www.etrailer.com/Ball-Mounts/...TALBM6800.html

Unread 08-08-2013, 08:49 AM   #2
colinzj
2006 WK 

I've never found the adjustable ones to work particularly well long-term, but maybe someone else has had better luck with them.

If it were me, I'd just rent a hitch for a couple bucks at the same place I was renting the car trailer (assuming you're renting it) and then buy a fixed one for my camper when I needed it.
Unread 08-09-2013, 03:56 AM   #3
kam6629

Can you put a trailer hitch on a 2014 wrangler if it didn't come with one?
kam6629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2013, 05:50 AM   #4
Umbrella
2006 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kam6629 View Post
Can you put a trailer hitch on a 2014 wrangler if it didn't come with one?
Yes, but the manufacturer says they will only handle a Class II (3500 lbs).

“If a little is great, and a lot is better, then way too much is just about right!” Mae West
Umbrella is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.