HID's ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > HID's ?

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 11-29-2006, 01:01 AM   #1
djbeat

HID's ?

i had HID's in my 04 Grand Cherokee i took them out and just got a 06 Grand Cherokee and am having all sorts of problems... does aney one have HID's in a 06 Grand Cherokee...

thanks
greg

djbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2006, 06:29 PM   #2
((Lo Lo))
2013 JK Wrangler 

You know what, funny you should ask about the HID's. I have an 06 Grand Cherokee Overland and my headlights are insane bright. I am ALWAYS getting flashed by oncoming traffic at night, and even get the occasional finger from people I follow. Is this a common occurance for other 06 WK owners? Not sure why they are so bright.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/2...oject-1344302/
((Lo Lo)) is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2006, 12:51 AM   #3
djbeat

i am haveing problems make them work they go out after a few min bacause they are being over powered i put a volt meter on my 06 jeep and am getting all most 15v on my 04 i was geting 13v... they work fine untill the truck starts and starts macking more power...
Unread 11-30-2006, 03:27 AM   #4
jeep_on

Theres noting wrong with the stock lights. Why would any one want to go and put rice lights on a Jeep any way???

If the WKs work any thing like the lights in the RAMs you will have problems. The RAMS have a weird detection system and knows when you donít have any bulbs in the sockets and will make them act all weird.

Waiting on a 2013 RHD JK Unlimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM Thor View Post
Wait, you can't cross creeks up there? What the Hell is up with these Canadians?
jeep_on is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2006, 06:59 AM   #5
JCDubya
2009 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep_on
Theres noting wrong with the stock lights. Why would any one want to go and put rice lights on a Jeep any way???
Since when are HIDs rice? So you think Porsche, BMW, etc are all ricey cars?

When done RIGHT, HIDs are a great addition to any vehicle. Right, as in a projector retrofit. Although, the WK halogen reflectors apparently take pretty well to just popping in a HID capsule. When you do this with most halogen reflectors you get crazy glare, but I saw an output picture of this done on a WK and it looked pretty good. I'm in the middle of a HID/LED retrofit on my WJ. I'll take HIDs over halogen any day...
JCDubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2006, 10:15 AM   #6
jeep_on

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCDubya
Since when are HIDs rice? So you think Porsche, BMW, etc are all ricey cars?
No their not, but they all have ridiculously super bright HIDs. They hurt my eyes to look at them, and all look like rice lights with that ugly blue hue around the light. The lights we have now work just fine, we donít need to blind deer from ten miles off.

Quote:
Wait, you can't cross creeks up there? What the Hell is up with these Canadians?
Unread 12-01-2006, 02:02 PM   #7
djbeat

i have 4700k hids i had them in my 04 jeep and they looked like an oem thing that is a white not a blue light its the same color temp as mb or bmw would use.. guyes stop fighting how they look i just need to know if aney one has them in a wk. and how they made them work.
Unread 12-01-2006, 03:42 PM   #8
JTS97Z28

Quote:
No their not, but they all have ridiculously super bright HIDs. They hurt my eyes to look at them, and all look like rice lights with that ugly blue hue around the light. The lights we have now work just fine, we donít need to blind deer from ten miles off.
Wow you dont seem to know to much about lighting now do you. Funny thing is cars that come factory with HID projectors actually put out LESS glare to uncomming drivers than a normal halogen housing headlight. The worst is when someone puts a cheap HID kit in a halogen housing. The glare to uncomming drivers is horrible!!
And personally I think that purplish hue you see at different angles is cool looking. If you didnt know that color is produced from the prism effect of the lens and cutoff shield inside the projector (this only applies to OEM HID projector equipped cars im not talking about those cheap asian made 10,000K kits which are just all blue). You should drive an HID projector equipped car sometime, might just change the way you think about those "just fine" halogen lights.
JTS97Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2006, 11:24 PM   #9
coloradowk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ((Lo Lo))
You know what, funny you should ask about the HID's. I have an 06 Grand Cherokee Overland and my headlights are insane bright. I am ALWAYS getting flashed by oncoming traffic at night, and even get the occasional finger from people I follow. Is this a common occurance for other 06 WK owners? Not sure why they are so bright.
You need to lower the aim of your lights. A lot of WKs came out of the shop with their lights aimed way too high.
coloradowk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2006, 09:37 PM   #10
JerseyGeorge

Quote:
Easy solution.......don't stare at the lights. Watch were your going
JerseyGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2006, 09:39 PM   #11
JerseyGeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ((Lo Lo))
adjust the light down using a garage door or wall for reference....I suspect this is why your getting flashed. I have had no incidences of this since the install of my HID's.
JerseyGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2006, 10:02 PM   #12
jeep_on

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGeorge
Easy solution.......don't stare at the lights. Watch were your going
Hard to do on two lane back roads. I try not to drive at night if I can help it.

Quote:
Unread 12-05-2006, 10:09 AM   #13
843 Nick

HIDs in the housing of 05+ WK's are just fine and porduce little to no glare. I'm ****ing tired of people talking about HIDs that don't know ****.

You need a relay to fix your problem, hit me up via PM and I will send you links and instructions for everything you need.
Unread 12-05-2006, 12:05 PM   #14
djbeat

i just want mine to work... lets not fight over glare...
Unread 12-06-2006, 02:00 PM   #15
J's02Overland

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTS97Z28
Wow you dont seem to know to much about lighting now do you. Funny thing is cars that come factory with HID projectors actually put out LESS glare to uncomming drivers than a normal halogen housing headlight. The worst is when someone puts a cheap HID kit in a halogen housing. The glare to uncomming drivers is horrible!!
And personally I think that purplish hue you see at different angles is cool looking. If you didnt know that color is produced from the prism effect of the lens and cutoff shield inside the projector (this only applies to OEM HID projector equipped cars im not talking about those cheap asian made 10,000K kits which are just all blue). You should drive an HID projector equipped car sometime, might just change the way you think about those "just fine" halogen lights.
where not worthy !!
[SIZE="1"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"][B]2003 Maxima GLE (Haul a$$ car)[/B][/COLOR] Fully Loaded[/FONT][/SIZE]
J's02Overland is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.