HID Kit, Only one bulb lights up. Help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > HID Kit, Only one bulb lights up. Help

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutf

Unread 12-23-2013, 01:02 PM   #1
thellamattina

HID Kit, Only one bulb lights up. Help

Hello, I just installed a VVME 55W Hid kit on my 2009 Grand Cherokee Laredo. I have a wiring relay harness installed and the drivers side lights up just fine and does not strobe.

The passenger side bulb does NOT light up at all... I also have one left over plug coming from the bulb's wiring - even though it appears that ALL connections are made with the relay harness.

Any ideas?

Thanks

thellamattina is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2013, 01:07 PM   #2
caulk04
2008 WK 

Go back to halogens and don't blind anyone.

Can't offer any of the advice you're looking for, I don't put HID's in reflector housings.
Unread 12-23-2013, 01:53 PM   #3
imthehink
2005 WK 

The ebay kits are a hit and miss if that's what you purchased, the ballast's that come with them are crap. Also, here is a good read:http://www.danielsternlighting.com/t...nversions.html
imthehink is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2013, 02:45 PM   #4
robpp

swap bulb to good side and test.

if not

then swap ballast.

check all grounds good.
Rob 007 Laredo 4.7 FFV 27X; DeBadg'd; Zaino'd; SRT8 Grill, Pedals, Strut; ClearBra; WeatherTech; LED Reverse; HIR Hi/Lo; SS Fog; Stealth Turns; 15% Tint; Stubbie; Rear Spoiler; Magnaflow; V1; 22Elite Console/Visors; Body Kit; Color Match Everything; TintedTails; K&N 63; Front Skid; QuickOilDrainValve; BatteryTender; SuperChips 91; Bilstein; Billet Window Switches; Greasable Addco Sways; RamMedic Hood; Fastman TB; BWoody Links; Kicker Upgrade w/Single Sub; AVIC F90BT Hacked; NeffyWrap ABCD; Putco LEDs; Viper 20s w/255/50; R1 Slot/Dimple w/Hawk Pro Ceramic; Whistler Mod w/FlashTech Halos
robpp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2013, 02:46 PM   #5
cavscout187
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Check the ground
cavscout187 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2013, 11:04 PM   #6
05JGCWK

VVME is the only kit I will get anymore. Ditto on the ground.
05JGCWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2013, 05:05 PM   #7
Shafer57
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by caulk04 View Post
Go back to halogens and don't blind anyone.

Can't offer any of the advice you're looking for, I don't put HID's in reflector housings.
As long as they're adjusted properly I see no issue. It's the people who keep them aimed high that blind people.

OP I agree with swapping bulbs and testing to confirm it's not a bad bulb.
2008 335i Twin-Turbo
Shafer57 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2013, 06:27 PM   #8
imthehink
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shafer57 View Post
As long as they're adjusted properly I see no issue. It's the people who keep them aimed high that blind people.

OP I agree with swapping bulbs and testing to confirm it's not a bad bulb.
http://www.danielsternlighting.com/t...nversions.html
Unread 12-27-2013, 06:50 PM   #9
cavscout187
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthehink

That's the most ridiculous thing I've read what kind of jeeper are you stay oem? I've had vvme 55w h4 in kc Conversion lamps for three years with no issue my Tj and Cherokee both have them we love them they are bright clear light and as for damaging the car they come with a replacement harness that works beautifully
Unread 12-27-2013, 06:56 PM   #10
imthehink
2005 WK 

Holy run on sentence. Actually I run HIR 9012's and love them. I never said anything about HID's damaging anything. HID''s are awesome when used properly, but the hid kits Iv'e seen around here in WK's always glare and it's very annoying. To have them not glare, you have to aim them down and that would defeat the purpose of the "upgrade". Plus the light scatters everywhere in stock housing's. To each his own, but I do love to light up my light bar when the need arises though.
Unread 12-27-2013, 06:59 PM   #11
imthehink
2005 WK 

Unread 12-27-2013, 07:03 PM   #12
cavscout187
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I never said adjust down. Properly adjusted headlights don't point into the eight lanes of traffic or through the guy in fronts car but most people with halogen headlights do so they can see. I'm doing this on my iPhone and punctuation is a lot more effort then it's worth on a forum.
Unread 01-09-2014, 12:15 PM   #13
thellamattina

Sorry for the late reply, it was the ground and it has been fixed!
thellamattina is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.