Hid headlamp help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Hid headlamp help

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGTJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion KitLJ Suspension Systems from Clayton Off Road

Unread 12-09-2011, 04:00 PM   #1
2000blackxj

Hid headlamp help

So I got my jeep back from the body shop and one of the headlights is aiming lower than the other. Does anyone know how to adjust the housing?

Thanks in advance

2000blackxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2011, 06:09 PM   #2
TurboDiesel
2008 WK 

theres a torx screw on the top of the headlight u have to turn

unless u have auto leveling headlights then i have no idea lol
TurboDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2011, 12:19 PM   #3
Burner
2008 WK 

I have the auto headlights and my drivers side has been lower since I bought the jeep. Is there a way to adjust it with the auto level?
Burner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2011, 12:23 PM   #4
t3kmitch
2005 WK 

Driver's side should be lower, it's aimed to not blind oncoming traffic. Passenger's side can be aimed a little higher to give you more visibility on the side of the road since there's no oncoming traffic on that side.
Blue WK Club Member #32
t3kmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2011, 12:29 PM   #5
Burner
2008 WK 

From what I know as I also have the factory HID lighting systems. The lights move up or down as to not blind on coming drivers. And the only way I can describe the pattern of my drivers side light to pass side is a backwards Z. They should be level right across since they do adjust themselves.
Burner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2011, 09:46 AM   #6
2000blackxj

Does anyone know how to adjust them? In my case they were fine before the accident. Now the drivers side is aiming at the ground.... I can't see anything at night I have to raise it or not drive at night...
Unread 12-14-2011, 08:59 AM   #7
2000blackxj

Ok so after some research I found out how to align the hid lights. There's I a white plastic screw on top of the fixture that can be turned to aim up or down.

Now all I have to figure out is the color temp of the stock hid's. Dies anyone know or have advice on selecting a color? I don't want to go all blue or white... The one the bodyshop put in is all white and looks like crap.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.