HID to halogen headlight conversion - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > HID to halogen headlight conversion

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!FLASH SALE! Open thread to reveil the Newest Sale @ ROCKRIIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-01-2015, 12:00 PM   #1
Jeepboarder
2008 WK 

HID to halogen headlight conversion

Hey guys,

so I just received my HID kit (http://www.xenondepot.com/9006-HID-K...-p/xt-9006.htm)

and headlights (http://m.ebay.com/itm/161473671074?nav=SEARCH)

I'm having a tough time figuring out the wiring here. I've been researching for well over a week about how to do this conversion and now that I have the parts ready they don't seem to be meshing with one another. Im very mechanically inclined and I understand I may need to cut wires and re-splice them but I'm at a complete stand still here...Any info would be GREATLY appreciated.

Unread 04-08-2015, 03:19 PM   #2
Mattc123456

Should be pretty straight forward. When I did my wifes new Volkswagen I freaked out a bit because so many wires. everything should plug up from the listings you showed . her kit didn't have a inline fuse. I suppose that just connects to the battery to power the kit
Mattc123456 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2015, 07:29 PM   #3
Jeepboarder
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattc123456
Should be pretty straight forward. When I did my wifes new Volkswagen I freaked out a bit because so many wires. everything should plug up from the listings you showed . her kit didn't have a inline fuse. I suppose that just connects to the battery to power the kit
Turns out the HID bulbs that came with my conversion kit had a 9006 base and my HID housings only accept a D1s base. Everything else matches up fine, just had to splice my new ballast directlly into the D1s plug. As soon as I get new bulbs I'm going to install them.
Unread 04-12-2015, 10:52 AM   #4
Jeepboarder
2008 WK 

So I've been at this installation for hours and I cannot get it to work. My HID conversion kit came with 9006 lamps and when I wired them up without the housings everything worked fine. Now that I have the correct bulb for my housings (D1s) the low beam will not turn on. I traced back the wires that plug into the base of the bulb and directly spliced them to the ballast on my kit and all I get when I try to turn on my lights is a clicking sound....I've tried every variation on wiring (bypassing the ballast/igniter, using only the relay..) that won't fry my computer. Is there anyway to make a 9006 based HID bulb work in these housings? I've searched everywhere for some sort of base adapter but can't seem to find anything. Any help on this subject is greatly appreciated. image-1500736276.jpg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.