Hemi ticking noise - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Hemi ticking noise

Currie RockJock Products!!This is a shout out to all INTERNATIONAL Customers! Yes weEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 07-15-2007, 08:50 AM   #1
garsarno

Hemi ticking noise

I remember reading about the ticking noise on the Hemi engines. What was the end result? That it is normal or that it needs to go back to the dealer? Have noticed that our '07 Hemi Grand Cherokee has it upon from standstill acceleration with 11, 000 miles / Mobil One oil changes at 1,000 miles and 4,000 miles thereafter.

garsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2007, 02:35 PM   #2
vtbert3
2006 WK 

You can take it to the dealer, but they will just tell you it's normal and won't fix it. My Jeep still does it and i guess it's nothing terminal, but it is really annoying.
vtbert3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2007, 11:32 PM   #3
soldierguy
2012 JK Wrangler 

If the ticking noise you're talking about sounds like sticky valve lifters, then there really is nothing to worry about. It's a side-effect of the MDS system...since the lifters on half the cylinders are designed to collapse to allow MDS to work, they are just noisy. Nothing can really be done about it.

2012 Wrangler Rubicon 2-door
2009 Aprilia Dorsoduro 750
2008 MV Agusta Brutale 910S
soldierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2007, 04:58 PM   #4
garsarno

Thanks Soldier Guy! Moving to Kansas - watch out for dogs named Toto. I used to work for a company based in Pittsburg, KS. Enjoyed the "flatness" of the terrain and could envision how a tornado could move around the state.
garsarno is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.