Hemi hesitation - present in all or some? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Hemi hesitation - present in all or some?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 01-26-2008, 12:34 AM   #31
RFisher

My old 2000 4.7 was nice taking off zero to 70 was fast. Have not punched the 2008 with 5.7 as of yet, still breaking it in with only 230 miles on odometer. Hope to have better response than the 4.7, or else this will be major disappointment. Seriously, if it dont kick *** and take names, I might as well have bought a 4 cylinder and at least get good gas mileage.

RFisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2009, 03:39 PM   #32
JMorash
2005 WK 

Try Turning the ESP off. Brake Standing, and investing in a tuner. Changed the way my hemi launches.

Although i fear that doing such hard launches isnt so good on the ELSD's.
HEMI Club Member #28

3.5 Rock crawler lift.265/65R17 Toyo AT SuperChips Flashpaq MDS delete
JMorash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2009, 09:32 PM   #33
98JEEPTJ
2005 WK 

Mine jumps only after waiting for a long light. I'll be holding the brake then when it turns green I lightly press on the gas just anticipating the jump and then it lunges forward. Every time.
Unread 03-18-2009, 01:22 PM   #34
madmarchhare

For this reason my wife doesnt like driving my Jeep ...... Thank you Jeep !!!
Her 4.7 is smoothe as silk, but the Hemi snapps your neck on takeoff.
I too tried turning off ESP, almost freaked out the person next to me on the next corner, the soiund of howling Jeep tires does that..lol
madmarchhare is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2009, 04:36 PM   #35
2007GC Overland
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmarchhare View Post
For this reason my wife doesnt like driving my Jeep ...... Thank you Jeep !!!
Her 4.7 is smoothe as silk, but the Hemi snapps your neck on takeoff.
I too tried turning off ESP, almost freaked out the person next to me on the next corner, the soiund of howling Jeep tires does that..lol
Tell that is what they call torque and horsepower. Being a HP person, I love it. I have never owned an vehicle that did not have a V8.
2007GC Overland is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2009, 11:32 AM   #36
JCDubya
2009 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMorash View Post
Try Turning the ESP off. Brake Standing, and investing in a tuner. Changed the way my hemi launches.

Although i fear that doing such hard launches isnt so good on the ELSD's.
lol I'm not racing the thing. It's just annoying when you're pulling out into traffic and there's a delay--seconds count.
JCDubya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2009, 08:01 PM   #37
Crookster777
2010 WK 

Love my HEMI.

I got a Diablo 93 CAI Tune, Dynomax Bullet Muffler and the resonator chopped off, and a AirAid CAI.

I always drive with tow/haul on, esp off, and in Autostick (1st gear ftmfw!)

Damn, it snapppppppss your neck off the line. I remember when I just put in the tune and I picked up the gf and at the next light I brake stalled and launched from the light, her neck snapped back and slammed on the headrest. LOL She smacked me. Rofl.

Guys the tune tremendously reduced the hesitation. Diablo ftmfw!

HEMI Club Member #1
If you have a Hemi please join: http://jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=506901
NightCrew #127
Crookster777 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2009, 08:05 PM   #38
konarider94
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewman141 View Post
I'm sure this is normal. It is deffinately a weird feeling, your accelerating hard then all of the sudden your head gets pushed back as if the hand of god came up behind you. I'm pretty sure this came up in one of the engineering sessions and it has something to do with the esp/traction control. I know the engineers said the tranny can take 100% of the HEMI torque in every gear. It's just the tires can't hold the ground at 100% torque in 1st gear or probably even 2nd for that matter. I would love to do 4 wheel peels when taking off, the computer just won't let it happen.
funny you should mention that. i shut off the esp when i was in the rain to see what it would do from a stop...next thing i know im going down the road sideways..it whipped out like i was driving in the snow...that was pretty fun. and if im pulling out into traffic and i need to make sure i go fast i always shut the esp off first. the throttle cut out on me once when i was pulling out and hit some gravel. almost got rear ended. some safety feature

2005 WK Limited 5.7L
245/75-17 goodyear silent armors
no lift, spacers, or cutting required
konarider94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.