Hemi exhaust manifolds - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Hemi exhaust manifolds

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 04-12-2013, 09:52 AM   #1
SteveA83

Hemi exhaust manifolds

I'm planning on replacing the manifold gaskets and possibly the manifolds on my 05 GC 5.7 and noticed in the FSM it says to unbolt engine mount from chassis and raise motor. My question is has anyone replaced them and did you have to jack up the motor to get the manifold out.

SteveA83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 10:06 AM   #2
BonesWK
2006 WK 

Not sure how deep the hemi goes, but on my 4.7 you didnt have to move the motor. just take the wheels off and the wheel well lining to get in there. I hear its a tough job - had a local shop do mine. The manual probably recommends to lift the motot to drill out the studs as they may be snapped.

Hope it helps.
2006 Black WK Limited 4.7 4x4 QD II -- RR 2.25" Lift - JK Moabs - 32" Wildpeaks - Rear OME Shocks - AFE Stage 2 Intake - Saguaro 4x Front Shackles - 1-1/2" Wheel Spacers - Tail Light Guards - CB - 4' Firestik - Rola Roof Rack - Exhaust
If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
Chive On
BonesWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 11:09 AM   #3
SteveA83

Thanks for the tip on the wheel wells I'll def take those out...I looked at the 4.7 in the manual and it doesn't say to lift the motor I'm guessing just the 5.7.
Unread 04-12-2013, 03:00 PM   #4
90grandoneer
2006 WK 

I think they recommend lifting the motor because it makes the job a little easier. You can get them off without lifting the motor, but it is a PITA. Removing the fender well lining, like BonesWK said, also helps gain access, but not as much as you might think it would. I've got custom headers on mine and have had to replace the flange gaskets and it was not quite as bad as the stock manifolds were, but still not a fun job. While you have the stock manifolds off, if you're interested in a little more performance, and maybe economy, you may want to consider putting the Hemi LX manifolds on. They're considerably larger and should help a fair amount. A head pipe mod., to accomodate the larger outlets will be required though. FWIW, here's the thread showing the difference between the two: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/b...-7-wk-1174042/
06 GCO, Dk Khaki, QDII, Flshing Hi 3rd Bk Lt, MDS "ON" Lt, Airtab Vortex Gens, Debadged, Fumoto Drain Valve, BT Catch Can, Chopped EGR Tube, SRT8 CAI, K&N Filter, Sonnax Trans Line Press Booster, SC Tuner W/Adv Trans Tune App, DS Tuner, Cust tubular hdrs w/3 in Magnaflow/Xlerator AP Exh Sys, Bilsteins, SRT Springs/Sways, Cust Eng Cvr, SRT8 frt/rear bumpers, FRI Sidewinder Cam/6.1 valvetrain, SLP 25% UD Pulley, BBK true 90mm T-Body, SOS Ign Coils w/.060 spark plug gaps, SRT Reps with 265/45&295/40X20's.
90grandoneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2013, 02:11 AM   #5
norwaywj
2006 XK Commander 

Would these fit ??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RACING-SS-BO...047779&vxp=mtr
norwaywj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2013, 06:12 PM   #6
90grandoneer
2006 WK 

Nope, those won't fit a Hemi WK. When my exhaust guy built my headers, he was initially going to cut up a set like those, and modify them to fit the WK. After deciding it would be too much work, he built mine from scratch. One other thing you might look into though is the Durango headers. Don't know for sure if they'll fit either, but the picture I saw looks like they might. Only problem is, you'd probably have to buy a set to find out. Could end up being costly, if they don't fit, unless you could return them.
06 GCO, Dk Khaki, QDII, Flshing Hi 3rd Bk Lt, MDS "ON" Lt, Airtab Vortex Gens, Debadged, Fumoto Drain Valve, BT Catch Can, Chopped EGR Tube, SRT8 CAI, K&N Filter, Sonnax Trans Line Press Booster, SC Tuner W/Adv Trans Tune App, DS Tuner, Cust tubular hdrs w/3 in Magnaflow/Xlerator AP Exh Sys, Bilsteins, SRT Springs/Sways, Cust Eng Cvr, SRT8 frt/rear bumpers, FRI Sidewinder Cam/6.1 valvetrain, SLP 25% UD Pulley, BBK true 90mm T-Body, SOS Ign Coils w/.060 spark plug gaps, SRT Reps with 265/45&295/40X20's.
90grandoneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2013, 08:21 PM   #7
SteveA83

Hate to say it, but I'm prob just gonna stick with the stock manifolds and hope they hold up. Had a mountaineer with a 5.0 and put ford racing manifolds on it when one of the stock manifolds cracked in half, and I regretted it. The amount of power that I gained was not worth ripping the manifolds out every six months because of blown gaskets. If I had some kind of forced induction I'd go with a custom manifold. Has anyone personally changed them on their hemi.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.