Help w/ All Dash Lights Flashing - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Help w/ All Dash Lights Flashing

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 11-08-2013, 10:57 AM   #1
Engineer4th
2006 WK 

2006 WK Help: Has anyone seen or heard of this?

I'll try to link the video of the problem. But basically all my dash warnings light up like i stalled, but then just start to flash. Then they go off but flash again. It just runs in a loop and keeps doing this while I'm driving. I don't stall, I don't lose any throttle(I was going a steady 50 mph the entire time even though the needle drops to 0 mph), my head lamps don't flicker or go out. I'm just nervous this may be the start of something worse and if this does happen again and maybe my head lamps do go out I'm in serious trouble.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfpuH...ature=youtu.be

So, video link should work, I just watched it. Please, any ideas on how to fix this, or what would cause this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time and watching the video.

Last edited by Engineer4th; 11-08-2013 at 03:10 PM..
Engineer4th is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-08-2013, 05:49 PM   #2
Shafer57
2006 WK 

Have a load test done to confirm battery is good.

Alot of people on here including myself suspect the ignition switch as well. Mine did this too for awhile but hasn't happened in a bit so i'm delaying the repair.
2008 335i Twin-Turbo
Shafer57 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-08-2013, 06:29 PM   #3
Engineer4th
2006 WK 

Thanks for the reply. My first thought and google search came up with battery going out, but I looked at it and it still shows "green" in the window. Guess I'll have it checked for sure.
Unread 11-08-2013, 07:57 PM   #4
tom19511
2006 WK 

This has been kicked around the forum for a long time. Its the ignition switch..Not the tumbler, just the module..Hope this helps...
2007 Liberty Sport 3.7
tom19511 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-08-2013, 08:10 PM   #5
Megs_Revenge
2005 WK 

Mine just did this the other day while driving. Only happened twice and hasn't happened since. Glad I stumbled upon this thread!

As far as the ignition switch, does it run pretty costly at the dealer to get replaced? Is it something that's pretty easily replaced.
[FONT="Arial"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Silver"]Silver WK club #69[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT="Arial"][COLOR="Silver"]Oo|||||||oO[/COLOR][/FONT]
Megs_Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-08-2013, 10:17 PM   #6
Engineer4th
2006 WK 

Yeah, I had my battery load tested tonight, and it checked out fine. I'll look into the ignition switch module now. Thanks.

Oh, and as mentioned above, is it an easy fix?
Unread 11-09-2013, 09:07 PM   #7
kevin776

Also check out the multifunction switch (headlight switch) mine does the same thing and if I move the switch around or adjust the intensity of the dash lights it immediately stops. I have the auto headlights and a new switch isn't really all that expensive it just doesn't bother me that much.
kevin776 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-09-2013, 11:12 PM   #8
Shafer57
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin776 View Post
Also check out the multifunction switch (headlight switch) mine does the same thing and if I move the switch around or adjust the intensity of the dash lights it immediately stops. I have the auto headlights and a new switch isn't really all that expensive it just doesn't bother me that much.
Just replaced mine because of some issues and this seems to have corrected the gauges flickering as well. Or atleast it hasn't happened since.
2008 335i Twin-Turbo
Shafer57 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-10-2013, 04:39 PM   #9
DRCracker
2006 WK 

My '06 just started this today, headlights flash too.

Battery is 3 months old.

My ignition switch is a new factory switch, so I doubt that's it.

I searched and couldn't find a write-up on changing the multi-function switch.

Anyone have a thread for the multi-function switch change?

Thanks,
TC
Dark Khaki 2011 #9104 Wheels, Firestone Destination A/T 265/70/17's.
OME HD lift. Dark Khaki Matrix Brush Guard, Dark Khaki Painted Headlight Bezels.
Hemi Club #65 // Khaki WK Club #40
DRCracker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2013, 07:20 AM   #10
Helicop88
2007 WK 

I had that problem start on my '07 about a year ago. After reading thread posts on the issue I replaced the ignition switch. There is a write up on this forum for it already, however I've replaced it by only taking off a couple pieces of interior trim and laying on my head by the brake peddle. I think the ignition switch is the fix, however, after I replaced it the first time the problem stopped for around 9 months, then began again with a vengeance. I have since replaced the part again and have not had any more problems, this time I got a part with a three year warranty.

I have found the ignition switch on rockauto.com for less than $25 shipped. I guess if I have to replace the switch once a year to keep my otherwise non-problematic Jeep going strong, its only 25 a year.

Like I said though, there's a work up on this forum on how to do it yourself and it only took me around an hour the first time and 45 minutes this last time.
Helicop88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.