Help with removing the grill on a 06 GCL - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Help with removing the grill on a 06 GCL

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valuePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 12-06-2007, 09:09 PM   #1
paulie9

Help with removing the grill on a 06 GCL

Hey all,

I have an 06 Grand Cherokee Lerado and I am trying to remove the factory grill so I can put some after market stuff on. My problem is that I don't know where the screws/bolts are hidden to make this happen! Any help is appreciated.

paulie9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2007, 07:18 AM   #2
T-Rated

From memory, there's a row of push-in pins across the top when the hood is open. I think the air temperature sensor is clipped onto the grille, so you'll have to remove that before you pull it. Then I think it tilts out for removal, but there *may* be more push-in pins across the bottom, but I don't remember any.

Jeep: 2006 Midnight Blue Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7L Bells Whistles
Mods: Tow Hooks Mopar & 4xGuard Skid Plates & Rock Rails Flowmaster 70 255/65R17 REVO's
T-Rated is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2007, 10:10 AM   #3
z_gilligan
2010 JK Wrangler 

There is about 8 pushin clips along the top of the grill. The temp sensor is mounted on the radiator if I remember right. Just get a small screw driver and pry the middle clip out then pull the outer portion out. I just took the grill off about a month ago to put a K&N intake in.

Hope this helps
z_gilligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2007, 10:39 AM   #4
CEPCNC
2005 WK 

there are 6 push pins across the top of the grill, use a flat head to pry up the pins then ease them up with a wide based flat head to completely remove them. the grill will come out if you pll the top out first then gently move the bottom portion back and forth to release the bottom tabs...there are 4 of those.
CEPCNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2007, 03:13 PM   #5
paulie9

Thanks everybody for the help, I seen those pins that you have mentioned but I am a chicken so I didn't want to touch them without hearing somebody say it first.
paulie9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2007, 03:58 PM   #6
drewman141
Gas Guzzler

1994 ZJ 

So ... how many of these push-pin thingies are we talking about here?

MUST GO! 1994 Limited ZJ 5.2L V8 - Light Driftwood Satin Glow
It's a 94 5.2L Limited - trxus 33's on 15x7 steelies, 4.56s w/ front OX and rear trutrac, NP242 swap, novak shift kit, Kevin's ultimate 4.5" lift + ACOS, ARB front bumper w/warn M8000, rear tomkin machine bumper w/ tire carrier, kevin's hardore railz, kevin's ultimate tc skid, kevin's trackbar conversion, rusty's gas skid, flexalite efan, Kolak's performance ignition and brake upgrades. ViAir OBA, custom storage/sub box and I'm sure there's a bunch of other things I'm missing. Everything is a little over 3 years old with less than 10K miles. Looking to get around $4k.

drewman141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2007, 04:08 PM   #7
CEPCNC
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewman141
no kidding....I wouldn;t have known if I hadn't just did a little modding to mine.
CEPCNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2007, 07:47 PM   #8
T-Rated

Quote:
All of them.

Jeep: 2006 Midnight Blue Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7L Bells Whistles
Mods: Tow Hooks Mopar & 4xGuard Skid Plates & Rock Rails Flowmaster 70 255/65R17 REVO's
T-Rated is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2007, 05:38 PM   #9
z_gilligan
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I think there are like 8 or 9 just along the top though. Once they are all off pull the top of the grill toward you while pulling up.
z_gilligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2007, 06:25 PM   #10
tednelson83
1993 ZJ 

mine has 6. im not a chicken and i pulled off the grill one day cause i was bored. than did it again 6 months ago to put on that monster trans oil cooler.
Liberalism stems from the notion that it's entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
tednelson83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.