Help please, stuck in the middle of Turbo Res delete mod - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Help please, stuck in the middle of Turbo Res delete mod

Introducing MONSTALINER UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 08-08-2013, 08:11 PM   #1
DieselForTwo
2008 WK 

Help please, stuck in the middle of Turbo Res delete mod

I thought there were some step by step instructions on here somewhere but I can't seem to find them now. Anyway, I have everything torn apart but can't get the OEM turbo silencer to come out. I took out the small screw on the top front, the one on the left (facing the front of the vehicle) that comes in from the side and the lower one that is waaay down in there and angled slightly downward. The hose is disconnected from the intercooler but I am stuck trying to get it out of the aluminum pipe coming from the turbo. Is there another screw somewhere that I am missing? Does it just pry out of the al. pipe? I can twist the kidney right and left and it feels totally loose but I just can't get it to come down out of that pipe. What am I doing wrong??

DieselForTwo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2013, 08:37 PM   #2
BAH101
2008 WK 

The top screw facing the front is the only thing holding the turbo out pipe and resonator together. There is an O ring in there too, that probably adding resistance. It should pull straight out.
Unread 08-09-2013, 07:04 AM   #3
DieselForTwo
2008 WK 

Figured it out, after about an hour. The screw on top is what holds a large (the diameter of the pipe itself) "C" clip in place. The clip has to be pulled straight out (to the front of the vehicle) before the two pipes can be pulled apart. No "O" ring in mine.

NOW however I still have not found a place that I can drop it out of the vehicle. Skid plates are off but it just doesn't seem to fit anywhere along the bottom. What a PITA.
Unread 08-09-2013, 08:17 AM   #4
zc911

drivers side, wiggle around the sway bar, no need to even take off the skid plate
zc911 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2013, 09:55 AM   #5
DieselForTwo
2008 WK 

Yup, finally got it out. There was an O ring too, but it was the C clip that was preventing me from pulling it apart.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.