HELP! Nav Stereo Bezel won't fit 2006 Grand Cherokee Limited - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > HELP! Nav Stereo Bezel won't fit 2006 Grand Cherokee Limited

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Header PanelTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 07-25-2011, 09:57 PM   #1
mattpatton

HELP! Nav Stereo Bezel won't fit 2006 Grand Cherokee Limited

I have a 2006 Grand Cherokee Limited with a stock stereo bezel (picture linked below). Recently, I've had a nav stereo installed with the existing stock stereo bezel. Before checking for the correct parts, best buy did an all custom install and made a sloppy cut to fit the nav stereo. It looks like crap and makes a ton of noise - vibrates, etc while driving.

Now, I've purchased the right dash kit and am shopping for the right nav "REC Bezel" (picture linked below) to complete the install.

Here's my new problem: The Double Din bezel is rounded on the top and will not fit the dash (stock bezel has right angles).

What can I do to get this right? Is there a Double-din nav bezel that will fit my dash?

Picture of stock dash: http://www.wkjeeps.com/sound/radio_brackets_01.jpg

Picture of nav bezel (round top): http://www.leeparts.com/graphics/grand_bezel_kit.jpg

One of these things is not like the other!

mattpatton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2011, 08:09 AM   #2
rockstrmental1t
2005 WK 

Just find another double din kit to install the nav into. You have the larger nav bezel from jeep already right? If so then the double din kit made for jeep grand cherokees should pop right in. The one I bought from sonic electronics worked out very well for me, nice tight fit.
rockstrmental1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2011, 05:37 PM   #3
mailforjon
2005 WK 

the new REC bezel should snap in just fine and give the dash a two-humped look.

check out this thread:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/w...l-help-996746/

(on a side note: does anyone have a black e-brake handle like the one in this pic? mine is tan and matches the dash)

-2005 WK 5.7 Limited [DD]
-1999 WJ 4.7 Limited [SOLD]
-1998 ZJ 5.9 Limited [SOLD]
-1996 ZJ 5.2 Laredo [SOLD]
-1994 ZJ 4.0 Laredo [SOLD]
-1993 XJ 2.5 [SOLD]
mailforjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2011, 09:36 PM   #4
ROYs05wk
2005 WK 

Could ya send me a pic of what best buy did cause I was thinking of doing that?? Send it to 2052236739
ROYs05wk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2011, 10:13 PM   #5
colinzj
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattpatton View Post
Here's my new problem: The Double Din bezel is rounded on the top and will not fit the dash (stock bezel has right angles).
As has been mentioned, the whole shebang comes off.

You know the seam above the radio where it transitions from smooth plastic into heavily-textured instrument panel plastic? That entire smooth, right-angled part pops off with the existing bezel.

When you install the nav bezel, you get a smooth, rounded part there instead (so the sun shade doesn't look completely ridiculous).
Unread 11-26-2011, 01:48 AM   #6
polpilot
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailforjon
the new REC bezel should snap in just fine and give the dash a two-humped look.

check out this thread:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/w...l-help-996746/

(on a side note: does anyone have a black e-brake handle like the one in this pic? mine is tan and matches the dash)
So the roundish Navigation Bezel will fit where the the squarish basic bezel is just fine? I thought that wasn't the case. I'm looking to do this also. I want the double hump look... But I didn't want to buy the new bezel and it not work.. OP, let us know what you end up doing.. With pics!
Unread 11-26-2011, 11:28 AM   #7
robpp

there is ONE dash in ALL WKs from 05-07. and 2 bezels made by jeep. one for nav and one for NON. both bezels fit ALL WKs.

done.
Rob 007 Laredo 4.7 FFV 27X; DeBadg'd; Zaino'd; SRT8 Grill, Pedals, Strut; ClearBra; WeatherTech; LED Reverse; HIR Hi/Lo; SS Fog; Stealth Turns; 15% Tint; Stubbie; Rear Spoiler; Magnaflow; V1; 22Elite Console/Visors; Body Kit; Color Match Everything; TintedTails; K&N 63; Front Skid; QuickOilDrainValve; BatteryTender; SuperChips 91; Bilstein; Billet Window Switches; Greasable Addco Sways; RamMedic Hood; Fastman TB; BWoody Links; Kicker Upgrade w/Single Sub; AVIC F90BT Hacked; NeffyWrap ABCD; Putco LEDs; Viper 20s w/255/50; R1 Slot/Dimple w/Hawk Pro Ceramic; Whistler Mod w/FlashTech Halos
robpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2011, 07:51 PM   #8
99FormulaM6
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by polpilot View Post
So the roundish Navigation Bezel will fit where the the squarish basic bezel is just fine? I thought that wasn't the case. I'm looking to do this also. I want the double hump look... But I didn't want to buy the new bezel and it not work.. OP, let us know what you end up doing.. With pics!
Yea, the entire piece in the center of the dash with the radio and air vents comes off. The Nav one replaces that entire piece. The pics in the link show exactly how it looks. They both just pop right off.

How To: Differential pinion mount/bushing replacement for WK/XK
99FormulaM6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bezel , dashboard , navigation , radio trim bezel , stereo

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.