Help, NAG1 Transmission Lead Frame Assembly code P2784 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Help, NAG1 Transmission Lead Frame Assembly code P2784

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-27-2013, 05:48 PM   #1
bull_blaster
2005 WK 

Help, NAG1 Transmission Lead Frame Assembly code P2784

Hello Guys,

05 WK Grand Cherokee
Miles: 99789
3.7L V6 4x4 with NAG1 Transmission.

A few weeks ago my transmission made a loud pop and went into limp mode, stuck in 2nd or 3rd gear. If I stop and turn the jeep off and On, it drives normal for a few miles then does all again. Long story short, I thought It might be time for a fluid change. The dealer replaced the fluid and ran a TCM scan and pulled the following codes :

P0710 - Transmission Fluid Temperature Sensor Circuit
P0714 - Transmission Fluid Temperature Sensor Circuit Intermittent
P2784 - INPUT SPEED SENSOR 1/2 CORRELATION
P2769 - P2769 Torque Convertor Clutch Circuit Low
U11CB - ???? have no idea :'(

I was told I need to replace the Conductor plate which contains the Speed I/O sensor and the 6 other solenoids. However, the Mechanic said that he will transfer the old solenoids to the new plate which already comes with a built in speed sensor.... all for $800.00.

I Found an OEM Plate on Ebay for $190, I will be trying to do it my self, the only thing is, can I reuse the same fluid and filter since it was all replaced a couple of weeks ago? Anybody else done this before...Replacing Conductor plate? I know I will need to pull the whole Body Valve out :'(

Thank you

bull_blaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2013, 05:20 AM   #2
caulk04
2008 WK 

So long as you use a clean drain pan and don't contaminate it with anything, the current fluid should be just fine. Filter is fine as well.
Unread 09-03-2014, 07:33 PM   #3
ksteve
2009 WK 

Hey,

Did changing the conductor plate end up solving your issues? I am having a very similar issue with my 09 3.7 WK and its making me go nuts. I have been troubleshooting all possibilities and this Conductor Plate seems to be the only last option. What ATF fluid did you recall topping it up with? How long of a job was this for your to do?
ksteve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.