help with my lights - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > help with my lights

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right here

Unread 01-26-2013, 03:05 PM   #1
IowaJeepNewbie
2005 WK 

help with my lights

So I bought some rigid lights from a member on here and thought it be a plug n play system since he had them hooked up. So of course I want to test them to make sure the work and plug them in and hook them up to the battery and nothing!!! The switch dont even light up. Could the switch be bad? Am I missing something else I should be doing? The fuse is good in the harness

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, Red WK Club #31, Daystar 2" BB lift with bilstein struts. Rigid LED Dually
IowaJeepNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 03:09 PM   #2
IowaJeepNewbie
2005 WK 

Note also I dont have a relay so should I? If so I dont see where I would hook it up and if I'm running it off any battery what relay should I get?
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, Red WK Club #31, Daystar 2" BB lift with bilstein struts. Rigid LED Dually
Unread 01-26-2013, 03:15 PM   #3
IowaJeepNewbie
2005 WK 

Fixed
Unread 01-26-2013, 04:30 PM   #4
w1pf
Who, me?

2007 WK 

this is the most awesome ten-minute thread I've seen so far
Red WK #19, Hemi #68.. I think..
Durango Owners Club DOTY 2011
-------
"Must have been that yesterday was the day that I was born"
w1pf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 04:32 PM   #5
IowaJeepNewbie
2005 WK 

I tried everthing then I was like wait a min. And doom fixed
Unread 01-26-2013, 05:34 PM   #6
JackB1
2008 WK 

How about sharing what you did should someone search this in the future?
JackB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 06:42 PM   #7
IowaJeepNewbie
2005 WK 

Oh sorry.....The switch wires were on wrong....I swear i changed them to make sure they were right.
Unread 01-26-2013, 10:04 PM   #8
skrach77
2005 WK 

My BAD! I'm so sorry about that! When I pulled the wiring from my dash, I had to unhook everything and couldn't see where it came from, so I had to guess... and I guessed wrong

So sorry for the mild heart attack I'm sure you had, and I'm glad you got it figured out
skrach77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2013, 07:57 AM   #9
IowaJeepNewbie
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrach77 View Post
My BAD! I'm so sorry about that! When I pulled the wiring from my dash, I had to unhook everything and couldn't see where it came from, so I had to guess... and I guessed wrong

So sorry for the mild heart attack I'm sure you had, and I'm glad you got it figured out
No problem lol I was freaking for a second and then a light buld turned on and boom 4 lights blinding me in the face lol

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.