help me make sense of this alignment sheet - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > help me make sense of this alignment sheet

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFG

Unread 01-21-2014, 04:31 PM   #1
816jared
2005 WK 

help me make sense of this alignment sheet

I purchased a lifetime alignment from Firestone based on recommendation of many others on here. I don't think I've been as lucky as others, these dudes are always trying to charge me an extra $20 or $50 than what I was quoted initially everytime I'm in there. Today was no exception, grrrr!

It's been about 3k miles since I had my OME HD installed and aligned initially. My jeep has been pulling to the right some recently, so definitely wanted to get that taken care of. So today had the tires rotated and alignment done.

(sorry for the horrible picture quality. MotoX is a pretty awesome phone other than the camera of questionable quality)

Does this look standard, or?

I get in my jeep to head home and it's still pulling to the right! Dude who had me sign paperwork and such made no mention that they weren't able to make adjustments or what kind of repairs might be necessary to correct any possible issues, just sent me on my way. I'm pretty frustrated at this point! My last few trips there have led to a pretty poor experience.

I appreciate all the help/information

Unread 01-21-2014, 06:00 PM   #2
jeremyc653
2005 WK 

sorry I have no idea how to read the alignment sheets. I am curious to see what some one says about it on here as Im going to need one soon and was also thinking Firestone As there is one 7 blocks from me.
Unread 01-21-2014, 06:14 PM   #3
ttusqrl
WK Supporter
2005 WK 

Looks like it is mostly good except for your caster. Camber and toe are adjustable on the WK with standard parts, but I believe caster adjustments require aftermarket upper control arms. I'll look for someone to correct me if I'm wrong.

That being said, they did not adjust your camber which is likely causing the pull. I suggest you go back and ask them to adjust this via the lower control arm bolts. After loosening, the LCA will slide in and out allowing camber adjustments.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Unread 01-21-2014, 06:21 PM   #4
JRLT
2010 WK 

This was mine from last year.
2010 3.7L, 4XGuard Matrix, Fastman TB, TB Ground Mod, Injen CAI, 255/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Bilstein Shocks & Struts, Cruiser Alloy Wheels - Switchblade, Stillen Brakes, Cargo Light Strip Mod, Electric Ashtray Mod, Jet-powered, Monkey Navigated...
JRLT is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2014, 06:22 PM   #5
JRLT
2010 WK 

Stupid phone.
2010 3.7L, 4XGuard Matrix, Fastman TB, TB Ground Mod, Injen CAI, 255/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Bilstein Shocks & Struts, Cruiser Alloy Wheels - Switchblade, Stillen Brakes, Cargo Light Strip Mod, Electric Ashtray Mod, Jet-powered, Monkey Navigated...
Unread 01-22-2014, 07:13 PM   #6
816jared
2005 WK 

anybody have anything else to add? seems that there are several people very very knowledgeable on the topic but unfortunately my search kung-fu didn't really yield much of what I was looking for.
Unread 01-22-2014, 07:43 PM   #7
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Toe is good,caster is good since it's lifted and you may not get caster into OE spec but as long as cross caster is good there will be no pull and caster is a non-tire wearing angle anyways.Your very close to OE spec on caster so that is a non-issue anyways.

Your pull to the right is the R/F camber and the out of spec cross camber.The rear LCA mount is slotted for camber adjustment.Since they marked the R/F camber as maxed you got bent parts somewhere,be it the LCA,cradle,or the knuckle itself.
Unread 01-22-2014, 07:55 PM   #8
ttusqrl
WK Supporter
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkj2002
Since they marked the R/F camber as maxed you got bent parts somewhere,be it the LCA,cradle,or the knuckle itself.
Or they don't know how to fix it. Both are very possible conclusions.

Unread 01-23-2014, 09:58 AM   #9
JRLT
2010 WK 

I think you should've gotten an alignment before the lift.
Unread 01-23-2014, 10:41 AM   #10
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttusqrl View Post
Or they don't know how to fix it. Both are very possible conclusions.

Well from aligning many WK's you really don't get alot of adjustment out of those LCA's.I think I spent more time fixing broken LCA bolt(camber adjustment bolts) then anything else,very bad design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRLT View Post

I think you should've gotten an alignment before the lift.
Yeah that spec sheet clearly shows bent parts,your L/F tires is pushed back in the wheel well.
Unread 01-23-2014, 11:26 AM   #11
sk1er18
2007 XK Commander 

Take a picture of your front LCA bolt. I'll be able to tell you if the adjustment is truly maxed out or if the tech didn't realize both front and rear mounts are slotted (front connection primarily affects camber, rear connection is primarily caster)
Unread 01-23-2014, 04:58 PM   #12
816jared
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk1er18 View Post
Take a picture of your front LCA bolt. I'll be able to tell you if the adjustment is truly maxed out or if the tech didn't realize both front and rear mounts are slotted (front connection primarily affects camber, rear connection is primarily caster)
thanks everybody! I will crawl under there in the morning and get a decent picture with my digital camera. the more I read, the more I'm thinking it's some incompetent techs at the firestone I frequent. even if they do know what they are doing writing "max" on a sheet and then not giving any kind of explanation is a very very poor customer experience.
Unread 01-23-2014, 09:00 PM   #13
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 816jared View Post
thanks everybody! I will crawl under there in the morning and get a decent picture with my digital camera. the more I read, the more I'm thinking it's some incompetent techs at the firestone I frequent. even if they do know what they are doing writing "max" on a sheet and then not giving any kind of explanation is a very very poor customer experience.
Hey I write max on alignment printouts all the time and it means just that,the adjustment for that angle is maxed,kinda self explanatory.Being in Colorado I see a lot of lifted mall crawlers expecting to get the alignments into OE specs,some you can most you can't without aftermarket parts.
Unread 01-23-2014, 10:27 PM   #14
JRLT
2010 WK 

So... who's alignment sheet are you going off of?
Unread 01-24-2014, 11:17 AM   #15
Budasac
2005 WK 

I have a Lifetime alignment with Firestone that was put to the test when I was fitting various custom UCAs. It really seems to be hit or miss. Depends on who's working that day. Some guys knew what they were doing and got it right the first time. Others were clueless and just adjusted toe and told me I was good to go. You pretty much have to know what your talking about so you can explain to the "tech" how to do his job.
Budasac is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.