Help Lining up ORT stripes - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Help Lining up ORT stripes

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 02-07-2014, 12:23 PM   #1
Omatic
2005 WK 

Help Lining up ORT stripes

So i recently received my ORT stripes and badges and am trying to install them however i am having a lot of trouble. I already botched the rear stripe and had to cut it shorter to make it work which i don't mind but these side front stripes seem difficult. Does anyone have any tips like guide lines or reference points as to where they lined them up with? any help would be appreciated

Omatic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2014, 01:37 PM   #2
Tcolin2351
2006 WK 

Keep the paper back on it and use masking tape to line it up and leave the take on until you have them installed.
Unread 02-07-2014, 01:51 PM   #3
Anon155
2005 WK 

Are you trying to install them dry? Get a spray bottle and fill it with water, then add 1-2 drops of dish soap. Shake up the bottle before using it, and spray the fender really well before laying down the stripe, the water/soap mix will give you more time to move the decal around before it adheres to the fender. As far as a guide, just make sure they look straight up and down the fender. You can use the horizontal line of the fender and the angled line of the fender flare as reference points. You'll want to put a long piece of tape at the bottom or top part of the decal to keep it in place as you press the the stripe down with a decal squeegee or credit card. You should have enough time to work the decal to get all the air bubbles out, this will take some patience to get right, don't overwork the stripe too much. You can always go back and pop some of the smaller bubbles with a razor blade. I started with the bottom section of the decal and worked my way up. The top part was pretty easy to do once you have the bottom on and lined up, you'll just need to fold/cut the access of the decal into the hood area. Make sure to take off your antenna and mount on the passenger side before installing the decal on that side. I always like to let the decal fully dry for 30 mins before removing the top paper, wet the top paper before trying to remove it. If you pull the top paper at an angle flat across the decal it won't pull the decal up. Check out Omelet's build for pics, he always does a good job showing How-To's.
05 Jeep Grand Cherokee: ORT 4X4; Khaki #55
Too many mod's to list...
Anon155 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.