Help! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Help!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-03-2014, 09:35 PM   #1
Mitchpriester
2007 WK 

Help!

Plastic piece under the engine i cracked it today i need a new one i have no idea what its called i did some looking and still couldnt find it

Mitchpriester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2014, 09:49 PM   #2
ca07wk
Crawl-Offroad.com
2007 WK 

Perhaps the factory plastic skid plate? if you looking to replace it, its not needed, but I would look into The Steel Armadillo front skid, or picking up a used steel factory skid
img166.jpg  
ca07wk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2014, 10:02 PM   #3
Mitchpriester
2007 WK 

alright yeah i figured that but i was looking at the 4xguard and it look like it didnt cover the whole engine
Unread 05-03-2014, 10:02 PM   #4
bmac13579
2007 WK 

Yeah, the plastic piece only really keeps dirt/water/leaves out of the area around the front differential. It's not completely necessary, but if you were thinking about running some armor, nows the time to upgrade! Think of it as a justified purchase.
I know The Steel Armadillo and 4xGuard both offer nice front skid plates.
2007 WK - Silver WK Club Member #71, 4.7L V8, 5 spd Auto, Autobot Decal (grfxedge.com), Aspen Creek Front Tow Shackles, Factory Tow Hitch
Check out more pictures and info here: www.mywk.tumblr.com
bmac13579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2014, 10:08 PM   #5
Mitchpriester
2007 WK 

alright yeah i need some armor after today what do you think i should do which one
Unread 05-03-2014, 10:20 PM   #6
bmac13579
2007 WK 

From my understanding, they are both pretty good skid plates.
The Steel Armadillo skid plate looks like it has coverage that is similar to the plastic cover.
(Mostly bottom to protect the front diff)
http://thesteelarmadillo.com/index.p...&product_id=56

The 4xGuard looks like it covers some of the front and not as much as the bottom.
http://4xguard.com/grand-cherokee-20...t-guard-4.html

I would assume that they both cover exactly what they are supposed to cover.
I personally like the looks of the 4xGuard more.
2007 WK - Silver WK Club Member #71, 4.7L V8, 5 spd Auto, Autobot Decal (grfxedge.com), Aspen Creek Front Tow Shackles, Factory Tow Hitch
Check out more pictures and info here: www.mywk.tumblr.com
bmac13579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2014, 10:24 PM   #7
ca07wk
Crawl-Offroad.com
2007 WK 

The 4xguard is designed to work with the factory steel skid, The Steel Armadillo is designed to replace the factory skid, and covers where the 4xguard one would go.
ca07wk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2014, 09:40 AM   #8
Mitchpriester
2007 WK 

see my factory skid is completely busted up so i need to get something metal to cover it all so ill go with the steel armadillo

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.