Help - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Help

Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3

Unread 07-07-2013, 08:56 PM   #31
meredith

got another problem that happened today...went over a speed hump, wasnt speeding, doing about 20km..and now i have this clunking/vibrating/scraping noise coming from under the car...it doesnt do it all the time, every now and then..what could this be?

meredith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2013, 06:43 AM   #32
Zlartibartfast
2007 WK 

could be a long list of things - there are parts under the car that can fall down and drag ex: the plastic "debris guards" (can't call 'em skid plates) - someone should get under it and give it a close inpsection
Zlartibartfast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2013, 07:10 AM   #33
tom58

donīt think itīs anything serious. check your skid plates, plastic or metal, sounds like something came loose
tom58 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2013, 12:50 PM   #34
Mainsail
2005 WK 

As for the battery; that sounds like mine when the battery quit. I think the plates inside the battery broke loose and were shorting together. When they were apart- all was well. When they touched- nightmare. On my way to get the battery replaced I had to stop for cash and determined to leave the jeep running to prevent any drama with starting it again. Pulled up to the bank, shut it off out of habit. D'oh! Needed a jump to get it going and then it ran like crap, lunging and surging, lights flashing, for the quarter mile to the Sears auto center. The Sears auto tech couldn't get it started with his jump-box to get it into the shop. I think they just pushed it in. New battery and all is 100% again.
Unread 07-08-2013, 02:06 PM   #35
jjarvis0007
2005 WK 

Check your brake lines back towards your rear diff. Mine fell down onto the driveshaft and caused a huge ruckus all under the Jeep.
It would only do it after hitting a bump and would go away after hitting another.
jjarvis0007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2013, 10:22 PM   #36
meredith

i think the hand brake cable has snapped as there is no tension in the handbrake whatsoever
meredith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2013, 07:25 PM   #37
johnniebravo
2008 WK 

My ebake cable does rub heavily on the passenger side of the rear differential. I use zip ties now to keep it up. The padding around the cable now has a deep groove in it. Crawl under and check if its been severed.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.