help?!??!!!?! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > help?!??!!!?!

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-17-2011, 11:48 PM   #16
gsbtarheel
2005 FSJ Cherokee 

i couldnt find that part at rock auto but did find at avanced auto parts and auto zone for around a hundred bucks. do you think buying and replacing this sensor would fix the codes my jeep gave me after the key dance or would i need to do something more?

gsbtarheel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2011, 11:52 PM   #17
sal-XK
2007 XK Commander 

Look under ignition they have the crank shaft position sensor listed You have a 2005 limited 5.7L correct.
sal-XK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2011, 11:58 PM   #18
sal-XK
2007 XK Commander 

I can find a crankshaft position sensor on both rock auto and auto zone for about $20 I either have the wrong jeep I'm looking up or one of us is searching for the wrong part. It's late so I put nothing past my tires brain at this point LOL
Unread 06-17-2011, 11:59 PM   #19
gsbtarheel
2005 FSJ Cherokee 

oh okay i was looking in the wrong category, i appreciate this very much, so would this solve the problems of the sputtering and engine stalling you think because if so i will gladly get this taken care of tomorrow
Unread 06-18-2011, 12:09 AM   #20
sal-XK
2007 XK Commander 

It should solve the problem and for $22 it's well worth the effort. Even if it didn't you're not out any serious cash. But the only code you have that explains the misfires is the crank sensor so it makes sense to change it. That's what I would do if it was my jeep anyway. If that didn't work I would then test all the wires leading to that sensor and go from there.
Unread 06-18-2011, 12:15 AM   #21
gsbtarheel
2005 FSJ Cherokee 

thanks ill be back on tomorrow after hopefully heading down to auto zone, ill let you know how it goes thanks a lot sorry for keeping ya up all night but i was starting to spaz out over that engine light night..
Unread 06-18-2011, 12:21 AM   #22
sal-XK
2007 XK Commander 

No big deal bro just before you start pull the negative battery cable then turn the key to the on position while your changing the sensor this should be enough to dump your codes and all your computer memory as well. The jeep might ride different while it learns stuff again but the codes will be gone anyway.

Tags
5.7 liter , help needed

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.