Heating Question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Heating Question

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control Arms

Unread 11-04-2013, 07:17 PM   #1
JeepinGirl15
2008 WK 

Heating Question

I have an 08 4.7L Limited WK. Recently the heat has been acting weird. The driver side vents blow out hot air however, the passenger and rear vents blow out cold air even after I have let it run and the engine warm up.

I was wondering if someone could let me know if they have had this problem as well and if anyone know what the issue is.

Unread 11-06-2013, 09:44 AM   #2
yzjwk
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinGirl15 View Post
I have an 08 4.7L Limited WK. Recently the heat has been acting weird. The driver side vents blow out hot air however, the passenger and rear vents blow out cold air even after I have let it run and the engine warm up.

I was wondering if someone could let me know if they have had this problem as well and if anyone know what the issue is.
Sounds like your blend doors are out of whack . If you have the manual temperature controls , you can re-initialize them but since you specifically mention the driver/pass side , i assume you have the dual auto climate controls . That means a service call to jeep for diagnosis . I would try turning your climate control completely off, all the blend doors should close . Then disconnect the battery , push the break pedal for 5 sec and re-connect. That may force the system to reset itself .
Good luck .
2010 MK Patriot
yzjwk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2013, 09:59 PM   #3
TangoTango
2008 WK 

The vents are independently controlled by an actuator.

First check by removing an access door on the passenger side to the a/c heater housing and you can remove the door and make sure you can rotate the actuator in both directions with your hand.

Getting some twigs or leaves down there can jam it up... a cabin air filter can be bought for like $25 to avoid this. If it turns freely then next you need to check the electrical actuators controls.

Next is an electrical meter that measures resistance, and check the wires that control the "blend door actuator".

Hopefully you just have some twigs or leaves down there jamming it up.
TangoTango is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2013, 11:04 AM   #4
JeepinGirl15
2008 WK 

I actually found out that it was the plastic part on my blend door. I found the broken plastic piece on the passenger side floor when my husband and I went to get into the access panel. Thanks for replying, I am very grateful, as now my daughter and I have full heat again. Thanks!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.