Heater Hoses - JeepForum.com
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By 90grandoneer

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 08-14-2017, 12:43 PM Thread Starter
90grandoneer

2006 WK 

Heater Hoses

I have my 06 Hemi GCO apart (doing ported, milled heads) and am replacing a few of the "hard to get to" parts in the back part of the engine/firewall area......specifically, new MAP Sensor and both heater hoses. Everything looks/works good, but I'd rather do it now, instead of when everything is together and much harder to get to.

Question: Does anyone have GOOD part numbers for both hoses that run from the tubes under the intake manifold to the heater core...inlet and outlet? I can find all kinds of inlet hoses, but no outlet hoses. I've checked on line and at my local O'Reilly's and AutoZone. I'll also try the local Advanced Auto and Napa tomorrow. One site online even indicates they're both the same hose, although one is about 6-8 in. longer than the other.

Thanks for the help.

Edit: Just pulled the hoses, and guess what.....they both have the same part number stamped on them (Mopar 55116794AD), but there is that 6-8 in. difference and one end (heater core) is larger than the other. There is another set of numbers after the P/N and those are slightly different. Go figure????!!!!

Here's the other numbers, if that helps:

Longer hose: 24861J 2095-8124-10:56 CIP EPDM (Both hose end diameters, 5/8 in.)
Shorter hose: 24861J 2015-8125-14:06 CIP EPDM (Heater core hose end, 3/4 in., other end 5/8 in.)

06 GCO, Dk Khaki, QDII, Flshing Hi 3rd Bk Lt, MDS "ON" Lt, Airtab Vortex Gens, Debadged, Fumoto Drain Valve, BT Catch Can, Chopped EGR Tube, SRT8 CAI, TruFlow Filter, Sonnax Trans Line Press Booster, SC Tuner W/Adv Trans Tune App, Transgo Shift Kit, DS Tuner, Cust tubular hdrs w/3 in Magnaflow/Xlerator AP Exh Sys, Bilsteins, SRT Springs/Sways, Cust Eng Cvr, SRT8 frt/rear bumpers, FRI Sidewinder Cam w/6* advance/6.1 valvetrain, SLP 25% UD Pulley, BBK true 90mm T-Body, SOS Ign Coils w/.060 spark plug gaps, TEA ported/milled heads, SRT Reps with 265/45&295/40X20's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 08-14-2017, 02:46 PM
RCS1300
2005 WK 

I got my heater hoses - 4.7L v8 - from Rockauto. Give them a try. Seems they have an outlet hose.
post #3 of 8 Old 08-14-2017, 09:11 PM
Racer-X
2006 WK 

With or without rear A/C?

With rear AC, I'm seeing Continental 64247 for the outlet hose for the Grand Chrokee with the 5.7L Hemi at RockAuto.com, $47.79 before discount. If you buy there, put 6677731948874231 in the "How Did You Hear About Us?" box at the bottom of your shopping cart for another 5% off that.

For the inlet they show Continental 64246 for "w/Rear Air Conditioning" and 64246 for "except rear Air Conditioning."

I don't see an outlet hose for it if you don't have rear air conditioning.

I'm not arguing, I'm just explaining why my position is correct.

post #4 of 8 Old 08-15-2017, 09:41 AM
underscore
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90grandoneer View Post
Edit: Just pulled the hoses, and guess what.....they both have the same part number stamped on them (Mopar 55116794AD), but there is that 6-8 in. difference and one end (heater core) is larger than the other.
Maybe that part number applies to the pair of hoses? I know they tend to give part numbers to whole assemblies rather than the individual pieces.

2007 WK CRD QDII OME MD OMG WTF BBQ
post #5 of 8 Old 08-15-2017, 09:54 AM
Racer-X
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90grandoneer View Post
Edit: Just pulled the hoses, and guess what.....they both have the same part number stamped on them (Mopar 55116794AD), but there is that 6-8 in. difference and one end (heater core) is larger than the other. There is another set of numbers after the P/N and those are slightly different. Go figure????!!!!
I checked that number in the parts catalog. Mopar 55116794AD is:
Quote:
HOSE. Heater Return, Heater Supply and Return.
Part Number: 68000978AA ; 55116794AC; 55116794AD
It fits the Grand Cherokee 5.7L hemi without rear AC.

It looks like there's two hoses in that part #. I didn't make the parts guy at the dealership put his hands on it since I wasn't going to buy it, but you can ask that. It looks like that's "dealer only" part. List price is $68.20. Anything above that is "matrix priced" and you don't want it. Online, you can find it for $55.22 plus shipping. That's from one of the two nearest dealers to me, so I can usually get them to honor their own Internet price at the parts counter.

PS. I just checked the 68000978AA part # and it's also on Amazon, but not in Amazon warehouse (not Prime).

I'm not arguing, I'm just explaining why my position is correct.
post #6 of 8 Old 08-15-2017, 12:26 PM Thread Starter
90grandoneer

2006 WK 

Thanks guys, I appreciate all the input. I guess I should have said that I had checked RockAuto first, Amazon, Ebay, a bunch of other on line sources, O'Reilly's, and AutoZone. Most showed the inlet hose, but none showed the return. Because of the uncertainty of some of the sources, I decided not to order anything UNLESS I could see pictures of the application. I do not have the rear unit.

I finally found what I think are a couple good numbers, with pictures. I had to take the one good number I had (with picture), 68000978AA, and plug in numbers surrounding that one. BINGO, the other hose (with picture) comes up as 68000979AA. As someone said above, it is apparently a "stealer only" part, as I couldn't find any crosses for it from any of the hose manufacturers I checked....Gates, Continental and Dayco. I ordered them from MoparPartsGiant.com, which was the only ones with pictures. Cost, with shipping, for both is about $115.....ridiculous, IMO. They listed 68000978AA as the return and 68000979AA as the inlet. They should be here in about a week, so I'll let everyone know if they are indeed "as advertised".

So far I've ordered what I hope is all I'll need to do the ported heads on both of my Hemi's (LX is next), and this is becoming an expensive proposition, with two top end gasket kits, two new MAP Sensors, four new Heater Hoses, two PCV Valves, new header and collector gaskets for both, two sets of new head bolts, and some more bolts and Nord Lock Wedge Washers for the LX headers. Since the heads are off and the headers easily accessible, I am taking them back to the guy that fixed the cracks a while back and having him double check for more cracks. I only see one real small one, so hopefully everything has taken its "set" and there won't be any more cracking. The bolts I am now using, along with the Nord Lock Wedge washers and Percy's "forever" gaskets have, so far, stopped them from coming loose again. When I get the heads back I'll do a thread on this adventure.

Thanks again for everyones' input and help.
TwoBobsKJ likes this.

06 GCO, Dk Khaki, QDII, Flshing Hi 3rd Bk Lt, MDS "ON" Lt, Airtab Vortex Gens, Debadged, Fumoto Drain Valve, BT Catch Can, Chopped EGR Tube, SRT8 CAI, TruFlow Filter, Sonnax Trans Line Press Booster, SC Tuner W/Adv Trans Tune App, Transgo Shift Kit, DS Tuner, Cust tubular hdrs w/3 in Magnaflow/Xlerator AP Exh Sys, Bilsteins, SRT Springs/Sways, Cust Eng Cvr, SRT8 frt/rear bumpers, FRI Sidewinder Cam w/6* advance/6.1 valvetrain, SLP 25% UD Pulley, BBK true 90mm T-Body, SOS Ign Coils w/.060 spark plug gaps, TEA ported/milled heads, SRT Reps with 265/45&295/40X20's.
post #7 of 8 Old 08-19-2017, 07:23 PM Thread Starter
90grandoneer

2006 WK 

Well, the heater hoses came today, and the shorter one (68000978AA, Heater Return) is the right one, but the longer one (68000979AA, Heater Supply) is totally different than the one I took off and doesn't look anything like the schematic breakdown I used as my reference when ordering. I took it out to the Jeep and laid it in the approximate position it would be in and it actually looks like it might work. It's quite a bit longer and goes up toward the top of the firewall, then over toward the heater core and finally, back down to the heater core.

I'll do a little more research and probably go to the stealer and see what they say the correct one is for the 06 GCO, 5.7. I suppose it is possible that they "re-engineered" this thing so the two hoses don't run side by side like the original ones did.

post #8 of 8 Old 08-22-2017, 02:23 PM Thread Starter
90grandoneer

2006 WK 

I went to the stealer today to check on heater hose part numbers and prices. The ones I have are the "current" ones used on the 06 with the Hemi. The one I was in doubt about (68000978AA) costs about $80 from my stealer and I was able to get it on line for about half that. Can't say I like the way the new one is routed though, but they obviously changed it because of some sort of problem. The original ones are a tight fit between the fire wall and the passenger side cylinder head, and maybe moving one gives a little more room in that area.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.