Head unit and stero system questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Head unit and stero system questions

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-10-2013, 05:03 PM   #1
Twest16
2007 WK 

Head unit and stero system questions

Hi, I have a 2007 Jeep GC Laredo Trail rated edition. Let me just say how awesome this car is. Very powerful and fun to drive. I love every bit about it.

But anyways, I have the stock REF radio head unit. I'm interested in upgrading it to something a little bigger and better. I was just wondering what kind of options do I have for upgrading. As in what kind of head units are there? What size limitations do I have? (What can fit and what can't fit).
I'd like to be able to have satellite capable radio, and Bluetooth or an auxiliary input.
Reccomendations and awnseres would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

Twest16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2013, 08:30 PM   #2
leftoverture
2007 WK 

Try this site: Sonic Electronix. When you click on a specific head unit, it gives you a link to see if it fits. I think most double DINs will fit the Grand Cherokee (sounds like you have the same Jeep I do). You'll need a special adapter if you want the steering wheel buttons to still work.
Unread 04-11-2013, 05:37 AM   #3
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

i ordered a Pioneer double din to replace my REC radio in my 05 from sonic electronics. great pricing and fast delivery only bad part was they sent me the wrong wiring harness. I ordered the radio wiring harness steering wheel adaptor and everything i needed for a less price than the retail price of the radio itself! i Have the Pioneer AVH-X4500BT and i couldnt be happier. connects to phone automatically with bluetooth and plays my music without any cords. also has a USB port and alot more
Unread 04-13-2013, 06:36 AM   #4
LKFitzgerald1
2007 WK 

I put the Alpine iDA-305s head unit in my Jeep which also comes with a direct iPod connector that I ran into the console. So I plugged it in and then control the iPod from the deck. It is a single DIN size HU and you can get the specific mounting kit that fits exactly to your dash cut out.

If you have an iPod with 1,000+ songs, I strongly suggest you check out the same Alpine I put in mine. Love it and very clean install with many add-one that can be done later.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.