Have you ever replaced the ECM on 05' Hemi? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Have you ever replaced the ECM on 05' Hemi?

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueTrick Tabs - NalinMFG.comECGS American Made Stub Shafts

Unread 07-16-2014, 11:00 AM   #1
HurriJeff
2005 WK 

Have you ever replaced the ECM on 05' Hemi?

I'm trying to diagnose a problem with my 05' Hemi and I'm trying to get information on what symptoms I would expect to see if my ECM goes bad. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

HEMI CLUB MEMBER #10
Previous Jeeps:
1998 ZJ Special Edition 2wd- Traded
1991 XJ 2.8 2wd Sold
HurriJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2014, 09:00 PM   #2
90grandoneer
2006 WK 

In the Hemi WK, all engine and transmission activities are controlled by the PCM/TCM using inputs from all the sensors in each. So, you can have all kinds of symptoms and problems that may be caused by sensor malfunctions, wiring issues, and/or PCM/TCM hiccup, etc. Of course, the easiest way to diagnose is with some sort of diagnostic tester but, if you have any DTC's showing, you'll be able to get some clues as to what may be happening in a particular system. What are you working on?
06 GCO, Dk Khaki, QDII, Flshing Hi 3rd Bk Lt, MDS "ON" Lt, Airtab Vortex Gens, Debadged, Fumoto Drain Valve, BT Catch Can, Chopped EGR Tube, SRT8 CAI, K&N Filter, Sonnax Trans Line Press Booster, SC Tuner W/Adv Trans Tune App, DS Tuner, Cust tubular hdrs w/3 in Magnaflow/Xlerator AP Exh Sys, Bilsteins, SRT Springs/Sways, Cust Eng Cvr, SRT8 frt/rear bumpers, FRI Sidewinder Cam/6.1 valvetrain, SLP 25% UD Pulley, BBK true 90mm T-Body, SOS Ign Coils w/.060 spark plug gaps, SRT Reps with 265/45&295/40X20's.
90grandoneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2014, 04:41 PM   #3
luckyse7ens
2010 XK Commander 

What codes are you getting?
Black WK Club #152
luckyse7ens is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2014, 04:43 AM   #4
HurriJeff
2005 WK 

Ive changed the crank and cam sensors and the EGR but I keep getting codes related to those. Mainly crank position codes. P0300, p0335 , misalignment codes..but the strange part is that when I get the bucking/surging thing the A/C gets warm, the tachometer goes haywire and I have seen my high beam indicator light up for a split second, ESP goes out, cruise control disabled. Thats why I'm wondering if the ECM is causing codes that I wont ever be able to fix by changing sensors. I'd like to know how to diagnose the ECM.
HEMI CLUB MEMBER #10
Previous Jeeps:
1991 XJ 2.8 2wd Sold
Unread 07-18-2014, 05:06 AM   #5
kevsjeep
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurriJeff View Post
Ive changed the crank and cam sensors and the EGR but I keep getting codes related to those. Mainly crank position codes. P0300, p0335 , misalignment codes..but the strange part is that when I get the bucking/surging thing the A/C gets warm, the tachometer goes haywire and I have seen my high beam indicator light up for a split second, ESP goes out, cruise control disabled. Thats why I'm wondering if the ECM is causing codes that I wont ever be able to fix by changing sensors. I'd like to know how to diagnose the ECM.
That is a lot of individual electrical issues. Is your battery good?

#140 Black WK Club.
kevsjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2014, 04:56 AM   #6
HurriJeff
2005 WK 

FIXED MINE ! After I installed a second new crank position sensor all my problems ended. First one I got was simply bad.
HEMI CLUB MEMBER #10
Previous Jeeps:
1991 XJ 2.8 2wd Sold

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.