Have you ever heard of this 'part' - "Lead Frame Assembly"Plus Update on prior thread - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Have you ever heard of this 'part' - "Lead Frame Assembly"Plus Update on prior thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 03-15-2013, 06:17 PM   #1
Triplecrown
2006 WK 

Have you ever heard of this 'part' - "Lead Frame Assembly"Plus Update on prior thread

I took my WK to the dealership today because I was experiencing a shifting issue that involved my WK to act like it would not shift, the RPMS would climb and the trans range indicator on the cluster/dash had no response when I would tried the 'Auto stick". It would only stay in [D] only.

No CEL/MIL came on, but for the hell of it, I ran a scan and pulled a code - P2767, which is an Input/Turbine speed sensor "B" no signal.

I cleared the code and waited to see if I'd experience this issue again! Sure enough, it happened again, so I ran another scan to see if the P2767 would show up- and it did.

I have a power train warranty, so I took it to the dealership. They called me back and said the "Lead Frame Assembly" was the problem, and they would fix this, and I will not be billed, except for a $100 deductible.

So, has anyone out here ever hear of a "Lead Frame Assembly"?? What is involved in replacing this? Does the trans pan and fluid, need to be dropped?

Any info with anything to do with my experience with the shifting or knowledge of the Lead Frame Assembly is appreciated!!

Thanks,
-Tom

Triplecrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 04:59 PM   #2
bull_blaster
2005 WK 

I'm having the same problem, Did the dealer replace yours? if so , did it fix the problem?

I will be ordering the lead frame assembly in a few days...fingers crossed.

and just FYI, the Lead frame assembly contains the Speed sensor that tells the Transmission how fast your going, thus selecting the right gears. If the speed sensor is bad, then your transmission goes into limp mode, or Safe mode.
bull_blaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.