GROUP BUY: Saguaro WK Bumper -- RESPOND BY 10/8 - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > GROUP BUY: Saguaro WK Bumper -- RESPOND BY 10/8

Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Closed Thread
Unread 10-02-2013, 07:35 PM   #16
Jason911
2014 WK 

PM sent. Needs to fit '08-'10 model years. Also interested in a rear. Price point is the concern, as it is for everybody.

Jason911 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2013, 07:45 PM   #17
Beardacus
2013 JK Wrangler 

Very nice. If only I had a V8 I might consider modding this thing.
Unread 10-02-2013, 08:22 PM   #18
TangoTango
2008 WK 

I'm in.
TangoTango is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2013, 09:40 PM   #19
94jeepman
2005 WK 

I like mine
bumper2.jpg  
KHAKI MEMBER #59

The WK mods: SC flashpaq 3870, flow master super 40, 3.5" X Factor leveling kit, 33" M/T baja claws, 17" pro comp wheels, one 12 inch subwoofer, rugged ridge tailight gaurds, rola rack with 18" extension
94jeepman is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2013, 10:33 PM   #20
K9SAR
2000 TJ Wrangler 

PM sent
'06 Overland 5.7 Hemi / QDII / Silver WK Member #59, LED Backup lights, AEV Argent Pintlers, Floor liners. Gibson 3" Stainless Steel Exhaust, 6" Hybrid Superlift / OME lift, 6" JBA rear springs, JBA UCA's, 35x12.5/17 Goodyear MTR's, Steel Armadillo Rock Sliders, 4xGuard Bash Plates
K9SAR is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2013, 11:40 PM   #21
94jeepman
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_liner740 View Post

That bumper makes the WK look like Bubba from Forrest Gump
I was thinking the same thing
KHAKI MEMBER #59

The WK mods: SC flashpaq 3870, flow master super 40, 3.5" X Factor leveling kit, 33" M/T baja claws, 17" pro comp wheels, one 12 inch subwoofer, rugged ridge tailight gaurds, rola rack with 18" extension
94jeepman is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2013, 06:24 AM   #22
WH-HEMI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttusqrl View Post
I got him to bite on the front. If you are interested in the back as well, let me know and I'll see what I can do. There is a minimum on these, so we have to have enough to get them ordered.
Awesome!

Quote:
Right now I am just looking for how many people are (seriously) interested and would be willing to drop down some dollars in the next 30 days if the price meets their expectations (hopefully realistic). Once I gauge the interest then all parties involved will move forward.
I'm in. PM sent.

Quote:
* I'm just happy that I finally get what I've been wanting, and that is something I didn't expect since they stopped producing this product.
Same thoughts here buddy.
Unread 10-03-2013, 06:41 AM   #23
ttusqrl
2005 WK 

I received confirmation on the features, all of which are accurate except the dimensions. Below are the updated dimensions (I have also updated the original post):

05-07 WK Front Winch Bumper dims: 71-3/4"Lx12"Hx27-1/2"D
08-10 WK Front Winch Bumper dims: 71-3/4"Lx12"Hx29-1/8"D
Unread 10-03-2013, 07:28 AM   #24
PeoriaXK
2006 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttusqrl View Post
**IMPORTANT**

I need everyone who is interested in a Saguaro bumper for a 05-07 OR 08-10 WK to please PM me with their information. I have an opportunity for us to get these, but I need to know how many people are SERIOUSLY interested. I need this back no later than 10/8!

Estimated delivery time is December.

This is the last chance to get one of these bumpers unless you find it on Craigslist, ebay, etc.
I was in negotiations to buy their plans, why would they do this?
PeoriaXK is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2013, 07:30 AM   #25
jayl00p

Hey guys, I'm not trying to shoot down this plan but I'm not so sure about this.
1. Saguaro stopped producing this bumper due to shipping costs/lack of profit margin a couple of years ago.
2. Saguaro split and had at least one owner leave and changed their name to Aspen Creek, at which point they limited themselves to smaller, more "modular" parts for the wk.
3. They had a prototype modular bumper that was multiple pieces but quickly nixed the idea, most likely due to internet criticism of the design.

4. Aspen Creek has now closed their doors and is selling any remaining stock.

If they are indeed reproducing this bumper that they have refused to do in the past two years (I've asked). Then why a sudden group buy after they shut down? Why no price or input from the vendor themselves?
'05 WK LTD HEMI|Custom 6" lift-Superlift+Spacers|EGR|AEV Savegre|35" GY Duratrac|SRT8 Front and Rear Sway Bars|Rusty's Adjustable Rear LCAs|Mopar CAI|Gibson 3" Cat-Back w cats deleted|RIGID 30" LED|SC Flashpaq|Yakima Bike+Snow+Kayak|Rola|Superwinch X9 winch|Custom bi-xenon Projector Headlights|
jayl00p is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2013, 07:32 AM   #26
jayl00p

Ttusqrl, could you post up some communication between you and Ken about this to make it a bit more official? I definitely need confirmation before I would entertain the idea and lay down any cash. BTW, I'm not trying to shoot this whole thing down, I'm just a bit skeptical. Nothing personal.
Thanks!
'05 WK LTD HEMI|Custom 6" lift-Superlift+Spacers|EGR|AEV Savegre|35" GY Duratrac|SRT8 Front and Rear Sway Bars|Rusty's Adjustable Rear LCAs|Mopar CAI|Gibson 3" Cat-Back w cats deleted|RIGID 30" LED|SC Flashpaq|Yakima Bike+Snow+Kayak|Rola|Superwinch X9 winch|Custom bi-xenon Projector Headlights|
jayl00p is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2013, 08:00 AM   #27
ttusqrl
2005 WK 

jayl00p -- You are correct on all accounts, and I am working with Ken from Aspen Creek. I would imagine the reason why Ken isn't doing this himself is because 1.) he's shutting his doors, 2.) he hadn't planned on doing this, and 3.) he is skeptical about forum group buys and people following through (hence why I am trying to coordinate this and emphasizing that I am looking for SERIOUSLY interested parties -- not just those who will say they are interested and then drop out).

I am happy to send you communication from him -- PM me your email. As for pricing, I have the pricing info and am working with those who are interested. I am also trying to see if we can get a better price depending on quantity. I have not heard back from Ken about the volume discount, but I am still pushing for it (which is why I haven't posted pricing yet).
Unread 10-03-2013, 08:06 AM   #28
ttusqrl
2005 WK 

Let me put a little more comfort to this. JF has my address information because I'm a supporter, plus there are other people on here that know who I am (Kolak, shep, etc.). I will repeat that I'm not collecting any money -- you will deal with Ken directly for payments. I am just coordinating this because I REALLY want one of these. If this is a scam on my part, Omelet can hunt me down
Unread 10-03-2013, 08:12 AM   #29
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Group buys have never been allowed on JF. There is currently a program being tested to permit them but only if organized but a vendor directly.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Tags
bumper , grand cherokee , winch , winch bumper

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.