Green Diesel Engineering tune for WK - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Green Diesel Engineering tune for WK

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 09-27-2011, 07:55 AM   #31
TurboDiesel
2008 WK 

ahhh ok cool
i gotta get me a tune

did u get a hand held programmer or what?
being in canada wouldnt it just take too long to ship the part?

TurboDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2011, 11:35 PM   #32
wkcrd
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboDiesel View Post
ahhh ok cool
i gotta get me a tune

did u get a hand held programmer or what?
being in canada wouldnt it just take too long to ship the part?
I bought the flash tool as well. The shipping wasn't too bad - about 10 days from the US to Calgary. The kit was $750, $250 of that being the flash tool. It's actually kind of nice to have, as it works as an OBD code reader too. I'm sure if we thought hard enough we could work out some sort of deal and you could use mine.

I can't say enough good things about this tune. You'd think Keith was paying me. I swear up and down that if you're an auto-junkie and can 'feel' how your jeep runs, you'll notice this tune the second you step on the pedal after the tune install.
wkcrd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2011, 11:58 AM   #33
mitek
2008 WK 

I wonder if I can add this tune in addition to my Brabus tune. The Brabus is not the ECU software upgrade but the stand alone box. In the past I tried to run the TDC PowerBox CR together with Brabus but that put the Jeep into the limp mode (fuel pressure too high). At this point I would be interested in improving the turbo response since increasing the power would not make any further improvement because of the torque management limitations. Now, it would be nice if someone could come up with the way to delete or modify the TCM Torque management system.
2008 WK 3.0 CRD, GDE HOT tune, AEM Dryflo 9" cone air filter, Turbo muffler delete, Resonator delete, DPF delete, Bilstein HD F/R, Eibach lowering springs, GC SRT8 F/R sway bars, GC SRT8 20" wheels: summer (staggered) / winter (black replicas with Blizzaks), GC SRT8 seats F/R
mitek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2011, 09:25 PM   #34
wkcrd
2007 WK 

Had to post some updated mileage results - I'm blown away. I just got 8.65L/100km on the highway going 110+ (110-115) km/h (~69-72 mph) the entire way. Because of the gearing it was all at around 2500 RPM. My city mileage on the half tank before filling up for this short highway trip was 10.39L/100km (22.74 mpg). That's about the same/slightly better mileage than our CR-V got, and WAY better than our MDX got.

Mileage Tracker
wkcrd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2011, 08:41 AM   #35
GDE
2005 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitek View Post
I wonder if I can add this tune in addition to my Brabus tune. The Brabus is not the ECU software upgrade but the stand alone box. In the past I tried to run the TDC PowerBox CR together with Brabus but that put the Jeep into the limp mode (fuel pressure too high). At this point I would be interested in improving the turbo response since increasing the power would not make any further improvement because of the torque management limitations. Now, it would be nice if someone could come up with the way to delete or modify the TCM Torque management system.
Mitek,

We do not recommend stacking our tune with any add-on plug in chip as this would cause the fuel pressure to be higher than the design limits and cause the same issue you experienced when stacking the chips. What issues do you currently have with the torque management system? Do you just not like the torque reduction during the shift? This was calibrated by Mercedes to limit what they call the energy input on the three overrunning clutches in the A580 trans. Removing the limitation during the shifting can cause more clutch wear inside the trans and less lifespan. GDE
GDE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2011, 08:35 PM   #36
fishinbama
2007 WK 

Well, we have the w5j400. It is pretty much the same though, except for torque capacity. Blown7(on this forum) can do all sorts of things for the TCM torque management softare. A guy named builderbill builds custom valve bodies that can firm up your shifts. I have one and like it a lot. I especially notice if I drive my father's wk. Horrible shifting. Pretty much anything you want can be done WKCRD, if you are willing to spend time and money.
fishinbama is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2011, 09:11 PM   #37
mitek
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDE View Post
Mitek,

We do not recommend stacking our tune with any add-on plug in chip as this would cause the fuel pressure to be higher than the design limits and cause the same issue you experienced when stacking the chips. What issues do you currently have with the torque management system? Do you just not like the torque reduction during the shift? This was calibrated by Mercedes to limit what they call the energy input on the three overrunning clutches in the A580 trans. Removing the limitation during the shifting can cause more clutch wear inside the trans and less lifespan. GDE
Hi,
I don't really know much about TCM but ThreeOhDiesel on another forum did some research and he came up with the following torque number limitations per gear on our CRDs:

1st: 148 lb/ft
2nd: 221 lb/ft
3rd: 295 lb/ft
4th: 369 lb/ft
5th: 443 lb/ft

Would you be able to remove or modify those limits?
2008 WK 3.0 CRD, GDE HOT tune, AEM Dryflo 9" cone air filter, Turbo muffler delete, Resonator delete, DPF delete, Bilstein HD F/R, Eibach lowering springs, GC SRT8 F/R sway bars, GC SRT8 20" wheels: summer (staggered) / winter (black replicas with Blizzaks), GC SRT8 seats F/R
mitek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2011, 10:48 PM   #38
GreenWK
2008 WK 

This tune is awesome! I have experienced a roughly 20% fuel economy improvement. I have a heavy foot, so the extra power is very nice. On long trips, cruising on the highway the extra economy really makes a difference. All and all, the improvements are very noticeable and this is some of the best money I have spent on my WK. In addition to a great product, the guys at Green Diesel were top notch, answered all of my questions, and shipped and sent everything quickly and promptly. After this success, I have even looked at a Liberty (Green Diesel's first tuner product) just knowing that it could be a fun play toy and Green Diesel would make it the car it should be. Thanks again for a great product and experience!
GreenWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2011, 11:03 PM   #39
TurboDiesel
2008 WK 

Damnit now I gotta find a way to get this....only time that living in Canada sucks lol!
Unread 11-02-2011, 06:00 AM   #40
GDE
2005 KJ Liberty 

Being in Canada is not an issue, we routinely ship to British Columbia. It takes a few days longer to get through customs...but after the tool arrives you are home free!
Unread 11-02-2011, 07:38 AM   #41
TurboDiesel
2008 WK 

got an email i can reach u at to research this alittle further?
Unread 11-02-2011, 09:36 AM   #42
GDE
2005 KJ Liberty 

You can send inquiries to support@greendieselengineering.com and we will be happy to answer any questions or concerns. Thanks, GDE
Unread 11-02-2011, 04:43 PM   #43
jjt250
2007 WK 

Considering this, but I am wondering what differentiates this tune from the Inmotion tune and what makes this one better.
Unread 11-02-2011, 10:46 PM   #44
GDE
2005 KJ Liberty 

Not sure what the inmotion tune does for the WK. The GDE tune is good for a 2-4mpg improvement in fuel economy after the fun factor wears off. It also minimizes EGR so the intake stays cleaner and the soot deposits in the engine oil drop by 80%+. Lower smoke putput so less strain on DPF. Torque band is increased and many customers state the shifting is smoother. The off the line performance is improved and 0-60 times are reduced by about 1 second. These features differentiate our tune from the rest of the market. GDE
Unread 11-02-2011, 11:36 PM   #45
jjt250
2007 WK 

Thanks for the response. I have a few more questions if you don't mind. This sounds great but I was wondering, since this seems like there are no drawbacks (I think?), why didn't Jeep (or Mercedes) tune it like you do from the beginning? Also, I was looking into a DPF delete and using a tune from another company, but do you think a DPF delete would make much of a difference with this engine? Thanks!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.